Mailing List Archive

Question about the test suite
Helo, I am using the test suite, and I don't understand one piece of zonedata:

example2.com:
- SPF: [ 'v=spf1', 'mx' ]

Is this supposed to mean there are two SPF records? Because in other places
that's done like this:

example3.com:
- SPF: v=spf10
- SPF: v=spf1 mx

And I can't find anything about a sequence in there (except for MX records,
where it's obvious).

--
 ("\''/").__..-''"`-. .         Roberto Alsina
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@kde.org

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan

-------
Re: Question about the test suite [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> Helo, I am using the test suite, and I don't understand one piece of zonedata:
>
> example2.com:
> - SPF: [ 'v=spf1', 'mx' ]
>
> Is this supposed to mean there are two SPF records? Because in other places
> that's done like this:
>
> example3.com:
> - SPF: v=spf10
> - SPF: v=spf1 mx
>
> And I can't find anything about a sequence in there (except for MX records,
> where it's obvious).

That means that the SPF record comes in two strings. Like this in bind:

example2.com IN SPF "v=spf1" "mx"

Which is a very common mistake publishers make (there should be a space),
which your library should properly handle (ignore that record).

See http://www.openspf.org/RFC_4408#multiple-strings

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

-------