Mailing List Archive

Buggy libspf2 compiles on Solaris 10
I have a few issues when attempting to compile libspf2 1.2.5 on Solaris
10 (sparc).

1. One of the build scripts (libtool?) assumes that the "grep" it
finds is the GNU grep. Sun's grep accepts a different set of
command flags. This is solvable by using a more vanilla set of
flags or by trying to run "ggrep" on Solaris 10. This is
available as an optional package on Sun's "Companion DVD."
2. The test script executed on a "make check" (tests/test) assumes
that /bin/sh is a POSIX shell. Sun's /bin/sh is not. Changing
the interpreter to /bin/bash allows the script to correctly
interpret its internal variables.
3. "make check" fails spectacularly after an apparently successful
build. I've tried different versions of GCC (4.1.1 and 3.4.3), 32
and 64 bit builds (-m32 or -m64), different CPU optimizations
(-mcpu equal to v8, v9, and ultrasparc3), and turned off
optimization (-O0) with no success.

Any assistance from the maintainer would be appreciated.

-Shea Lovan

-------