Mailing List Archive

New Python SPF Policy Daemon for Postfix
As I've mentioned before, I've been working on trying to get SPF checking
better packaged and integrated in Ubuntu, the Linux distibution I use.

I felt that there was a hole an the available options. There are a number of
Python policy daemons that do SPF (the ones I know of are linked on the
Implementations page - http://www.openspf.org/Implementations), but none of
them were just SPF. I decided to create a separate policy daemon for a
couple of reasons:

1. To make the simplest policy daemon possible to get a Python solution for
Postfix packaged for Ubuntu.

2. To enable me to extend a policy daemon to include additional SPF related
features (e.g. forwarder whitelisting) that other programs I've looked at
lacked and serve as a sample.

The source for my effort is Tumgreyspf
(http://www.tummy.com/Community/software/tumgreyspf/). I've used their code
for my own experimentation. If you are interested in SPF and greylisting,
then I recommend it.

There is a page for software that does not have a primary release point other
than openspf.org. The Python Postfix policy daemon for SPF is there as well
as a few other items (including Meng's Perl Postfix policy daemon for SPF
that I hope to update for Julian's new Mail::SPF library soon).

http://www.openspf.org/Software

Although this is a new program, it derives from well tested code and I have
tested it myself. I'm interested in feedback both on the program and
documentation.

Scott K

-------