Mailing List Archive

HTML_CONVERTED not listed in `scores' file
SA version = 2.70-r6256
Platform = Redhat Linux 9

I've been working on some home scripting that relies on finding SA
default scores in the /usr/share/spamassassin/*scores.cf. Until now
I had been under the impression that all scores were posted there
unless overridding by local config.

But I'm finding this test:
HTML_CONVERTED
included in X-Spam-Status line and I see a score of 1 in:

I'm the only user on this machine so its not coming from my config.
Grepping my sa data files at /usr/share/spama*:
like:
grep -r HTML_CONVERTED /usr/share/spama*
Gives me:
/usr/share/spamassassin/20_html_tests.cf:body HTML_CONVERTED \
eval:html_test('div_converted')
/usr/share/spamassassin/20_html_tests.cf:describe HTML_CONVERTED \
HTML conversion tool used by spam

Nothing about a score. And no hit on *scores.cf

Any one know what is happening here?
Re: HTML_CONVERTED not listed in `scores' file [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:31:04PM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Nothing about a score. And no hit on *scores.cf
>
> Any one know what is happening here?

Until a score generation run occurs, not all tests will have scores.
By default, rules w/out explicit scores get a score of 1, with some
exceptions as noted in the M::SA::Conf docs. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
It's there as a sop to former Ada programmers. :-)
Re: HTML_CONVERTED not listed in `scores' file [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 20:31, Harry Putnam wrote:
> SA version = 2.70-r6256
> Platform = Redhat Linux 9
>
> I've been working on some home scripting that relies on finding SA
> default scores in the /usr/share/spamassassin/*scores.cf. Until now
> I had been under the impression that all scores were posted there
> unless overridding by local config.

IIRC, if no score is listed anywhere, the score is assigned 1.0. Unless
the rule name starts with __, in which case it's used as a meta-rule
only.

- Jon

--
jon@tgpsolutions.com

Administrator, tgpsolutions
http://www.tgpsolutions.com
Re: HTML_CONVERTED not listed in `scores' file [ In reply to ]

[...]

Jon <jon@tgpsolutions.com> writes:

> IIRC, if no score is listed anywhere, the score is assigned 1.0. Unless
> the rule name starts with __, in which case it's used as a meta-rule
> only.

OK, thanks. So I guess I could make my scripting follow that same
pattern? If it finds a rule with no score then give it a one.

I'm attempting to create a quick way to see if my local scores are
properly overriding the defaults and could think of no better way
than grabbing the actual scores from X-Spam-Status: line and
comparing them to the defaults