Mailing List Archive

SA/Amavisd-new Question....
Hi,

I'm using SA 2.63/Amavisd-new.

I would very much like to tag all messages with their SPAM score
regardless of whether they are SPAM or not. Is this possible? I tried
several things to get this to happen but no luck so far. Any one have
any ideas?

Also, when SA is run from amavisd-new, and debug for SA is turned
on...where does SA's debug messages go to? I don't see them in maillog
or amavisd.log.

Here are the pertinent portions of my SA and amavisd conf files:

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

rewrite_subject 0
report_header 1
#defang_mime 0
blacklist_from big@boss.com
always_add_headers 1
always_add_report 1
use_bayes 0
bayes_auto_expire 0
use_dcc 1
# In case you want DCC.
use_pyzor 0
# Tells SA that we don't want to use Pyzor
dns_available yes
# If you are sure you have DNS access set it to "yes".
header LOCAL_RCVD Received =~ /\S+\.bowes\.com\s+\(.*\[.*\]\)/
score LOCAL_RCVD -50
# This checks "Received: from...." lines in the message header.
# Set .domain.com to your domain so outgoing mail will not be tagged as
# spam. Unless you are a spammer of course. In case you are I strongly
urge
# you to use this option.
add_header all DCC _DCCB_: _DCCR_
add_header all HP _TESTSSCORES(,)_

/etc/amavisd.conf:

$sa_debug = 1; # defaults to false
$sa_local_tests_only = 0; # defaults to false

#$sa_mail_body_size_limit = 64*1024; # don't waste time on SA is mail
is larger
# (less than 1% of spam is > 64k)
# default: undef, no limitations

# default values, can be overridden by more specific lookups, e.g. SQL
$sa_tag_level_deflt = 0; # add spam info headers if at or above that
level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.5; # declare spam at or above this level,
# triggers spam evasive actions
# such as quarantine, notify, reject/drop
# a quick reference:
# tag_level controls adding of X-Spam-Status and X-Spam-Level,
# kill_level controls X-Spam-Flag: YES, Subject, and 'evasive
actions'

# string to prepend to Subject header field when message exceeds kill
level
# $sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM*** '; # (defaults to undef, =empty)
# (only seen when spam is not to be rejected
and
# recipient is in
@local_domains/$local_domains_re)

# $sa_auto_whitelist = 1; # turn on AWL (default: false)

--
Michael Dengler
Programmer/Analyst
I would very much like to tag all messages with their SPAM score
regardless of whether they are SPAM or not. Is this possible? I tried
several things to get this to happen but no luck so far. Any one have
any ideas?

--
Michael Dengler
Programmer/Analyst
Bowes Publishers Limited
(519) 471-8320 x248
Mon-Fri 10:00AM-6:00PM

Hi Michael,
Try changing this line:
$sa_tag_level_deflt = 0; # add spam info headers if at or above that
level

$sa_tag_level_deflt = -999;
Re: SA/Amavisd-new Question.... [ In reply to ]
# default values, can be overridden by more specific lookups, e.g. SQL
$sa_tag_level_deflt = 0.0; # add spam info headers if at, or above that
level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 3.0; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = $sa_tag2_level_deflt; # triggers spam evasive
actions
# at or above that level:
# bounce/reject/drop,
# quarantine, and adding mail address
# extension

change this in amavisd.conf then reload amavisd

That's my guess and I am sticking to it.

--
# It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.