--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator
Re: script to report spam in a maildir directory [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 10 February 2004 09:37, Kurt Yoder wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I made a simple script to report all messages in a maildir directory using
> "spamassassin -r". Perhaps it will be useful for someone reading... here it
> is:

what does hte report this thing makes look like?
--
-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-
Brook Humphrey
Re: script to report spam in a maildir directory [ In reply to ]
This is beautiful!
It is exactly what I was looking for.
I not only downloaded it but also ran it and it works
great. Thanks a bunch!

Only one of the messages had an error:
razor2 report failed: Bad file descriptor Died at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/Reporter.pm
line 120, <GEN1> line 1.

But I'll figure it out later.

All I need to figure out now is how to make this bad
boy fire up on its own as a cron job but only when
there are say 20 spams in that folder. Maybe I'll set
it to run weekly or something.
Also, delete the messages upon successful reporting.

Again, Thanks A bunch!

Winston

--- Kurt Yoder <kylistsatalk@shcorp.com> wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I made a simple script to report all messages in a
> maildir directory using
> "spamassassin -r". Perhaps it will be useful for
> someone reading... here it
> is:
>

> --
> Kurt Yoder
> Sport & Health network administrator
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-perl
name=report_spam.pl

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
Re: script to report spam in a maildir directory [ In reply to ]
If you're running it on an in-use maildir directory, it may be dying because
the message has been moved out of the directory while the script is processing
it. I hadn't anticipated the script being used on an active maildir, so I
didn't plan for this kind of problem. I'm not sure how to address this
particular issue... any perl gurus care to chime in?

Re: script to report spam in a maildir directory [ In reply to ]
Brook Humphrey said:
> On Tuesday 10 February 2004 09:37, Kurt Yoder wrote:
>> Hello list
>>
>> I made a simple script to report all messages in a maildir directory using
>> "spamassassin -r". Perhaps it will be useful for someone reading... here it
>> is:
>
> what does hte report this thing makes look like?

It doesn't create a report; instead, it reports the message as spam. You feed
it a directory containing maildir messages and then all messages in the
directory are reported as spam. It's essentially a multi-file front-end for
"spamassassin -r". Maildir directories contain many files but "spamassassin
-r" only wants to read its input from STDIN.