Does anyone have any preferences? I can leave the page on the site, or
put the sets on someone elses site... wiki? Give the sets to someone?

I don’t know exactly what kinds of problems this is going to create (I
don’t use RDJ so I don’t really know how it works)

If anyone forsees a problem, let me know what I need to do... what info
you need, etc

Thanks,
jennifer
Re: info: RDJ and anyone linking to Spamhammers [ In reply to ]
Raquel Rice said:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:38:11 -0500
> "jennifer" <jennifer@emtinc.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all. The website that is currently holding my rulesets is
>> going to be moving to a new webhost. I am wondering how it would
>> be easiest for all of you to deal with this. I'm concerned about
>> the RDJ updater, and anyone who is linked to the sets.
-snip-

> Jennifer,
>
> I haven't seen any other responses to your questions, so thought I
> would try.
>
> What I see of RDJ, it seems it is capable of updating itself. Can't
> an update to RDJ be coodinated with your change of webhost?

Note: RDJ *downloads* updates to itself, but it does *not* install them
automatically. It only notifies via email that an update has been
downloaded.

> It seems that if we're given the new location for your rulesets,
> that Chris will be able (if he has time) to update RDJ, or we should
> be able to deal with a new location until RDJ is updated.

Updating the base RDJ config is easy enough. It might be prudent to have
a "grace period", however, where the rulesets live in both old and new
locations (if that's possible... it might not be with the hosting
switch-over)

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases
(0BFU$C/\TED SPA/\/\ P|-|RA$ES):
http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/