"bash: make: command not found" does that mean that I do not have enough
privileges to install this program? If so, is there any other way to
use SpamAssassin?

-Sean

--
Sean Gonsman
Above Media
http://www.abovemedia.com
Re: Installation for shared hosting [ In reply to ]
At 01:22 PM 2/9/2004, Sean Gonsman wrote:
>I'm new to SpamAssassin. I am trying to install ver 2.63 on Linux with
>Ensim control panel. If I try to use the make command and it tells me
>"bash: make: command not found" does that mean that I do not have enough
>privileges to install this program?

No, it means the system wasn't set up with standard developer tools. make,
gcc, perl, etc are all generally considered to be part of a "normal" *nux
system, and it always bewilders me when I encounter one that's missing them
(exceptions to embedded and "floppy-disk-boot" systems)

> If so, is there any other way to use SpamAssassin?

I don't know anything about Ensim, or whatever distro you are using.
However, I'd suggest looking at the installation packages for it and make
sure you install things that are going to be important in building and
installing software.