appreciate any hints on how best to trap this stuff.

thanks in advance,
Carey
Re: How-to trap 'src' spam [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:04:12PM -0600, Carey Jung is rumored to have said:

> I'm running a stock SA setup of v2.63 from the van Dinter RPMs. I'm using
> Bayes, but not Razor2, RBL, or any other such external services. I'd
> appreciate any hints on how best to trap this stuff.

Turn on Razor2 and RBLs.

I haven't seen one of these image-only spams in my inbox in months.

--
"There is a country in Europe where multiple-choice tests are illegal."
- Sigfried Hulzer
RE: How-to trap 'src' spam [ In reply to ]

> > I'm running a stock SA setup of v2.63 from the van Dinter RPMs.
> I'm using
> > Bayes, but not Razor2, RBL, or any other such external services. I'd
> > appreciate any hints on how best to trap this stuff.
>
> Turn on Razor2 and RBLs.
>
> I haven't seen one of these image-only spams in my inbox in months.

Okay, Razor2 is running, as are RBLs (which were already running). spamd
with -D (debug) flag confirms this. But I'm still seeing a lot of
image-only spam. Any other tricks or techniques I can throw at it, while at
the same time staying with a fairly 'default' configuration?

thanks,
Carey