the .mailfilter file in the user's home directory.

Each user's account name is their complete email address. So, fred who
gets mail in his example.com domain, would use fred@example.com as his
account name; his home directory would be /opt/vmail/example.com/fred;
his mail would be delivered to /opt/vmail/example.com/fred/Maildir/.

Spamc is passing only 'fred' to spamd, not 'fred@example.com'. How do I
get it to pass th whole thing?

-ste
Re: Spamc passing incomplete username. [ In reply to ]
I wrote:

> Spamc is passing only 'fred' to spamd, not 'fred@example.com'. How do I
> get it to pass th whole thing?

I figured that out. I just have to use $LOGNAME as the name. However,
this leads to another problem.

Previously, spamd was able to look me up and change to my uid, because I
happen to have a local account on my server. But when I pass it $LOGNAME
(my full address), spamd cannot find me in the password file (naturally).

My virtual users accounts are stored in an mysql database, and I gather
I can tell spamd to look there. But can I do that, and still use
'--virtual-config-dir' for per user prefs and white/black lists?

-ste