Mailing List Archive

Help! Wesley Clark is Spamming my users =)
Hehe - found this in my spam drop.

February 5, 2004

Dear fellow Clark supporter,

A group of us here in Little Rock wanted to send a quick note to you
before we fan out across America to help Wes Clark win the upcoming
primaries and caucuses in the week ahead.

Next Tuesday, February 10th, voters in Tennessee and Virginia will
cast their votes. They will decide which Southern candidate will go forward
to challenge John Kerry for the Democratic nomination: the professional
politician from Washington, DC, or the four-star general with a lifetime
record of strong leadership and heroism.

Only one candidate will emerge, and the winner will carry the support
of the South to take on John Kerry. When the dust settles, it will be a
two-person race.

Help Wes Clark win the South today!

The choice is clear, and the stakes couldn't be higher. We cannot
underestimate the challenge that lies ahead. Our campaign is pulling out
all the stops to ensure a victory next Tuesday. And we can't do it without
you.

Please contribute to Clark for President today!

Yesterday, the Little Rock staff demonstrated our commitment to Wes
Clark's campaign by voting to forgo pay for the critical week ahead and
dedicating the resources to Tennessee and Virginia. We didn't have to do
this -- we wanted to do this.

Together, we are sending a message -- that each of us is standing with
Wes Clark and his vision for a better America. We're putting it all on the
line, and we are asking you to stand with us.

We're asking you to give everything you can -- your time, your labor,
and your money.

Stand with us and join our drive to change America.

Beating George W. Bush is a huge challenge. But voters are looking
for an outsider, a new approach and a fresh start. Wes Clark's message and
life story is resonating with voters who are looking for a leader, not a
politician; for a candidate who will look out for the national interest, not
the special interests. Wes Clark is part of the solution, not part of the
problem. He has spent his life acting and doing, not talking and debating
in the halls of Congress.

With all of our support, Wes Clark will win this race. It won't be
easy, but it can be done... and it must.

Please do everything you can today so Wes Clark can win for all of us
in November.

Sincerely,

Alexandria Marcus
John Oeffinger
and the entire Clark for President staff

P.S. Join our "$700,000 in 7 days" fundraising drive today, to help
us win in Tennessee and Virginia! Download a contribution form, or to put
your money to work right away, make your contribution online.

Contributions to Clark for President, Inc. are limited to $2,000 per
individual. Federal Matching Funds will double your support up to $250.
Contributions must be made with personal funds and may not be reimbursed or
paid by any other person. Contributions by corporations, labor unions,
national banks, federal contractors, and non-U.S citizens who are not
lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S. are prohibited.
Contributions to Clark for President are for use in connection with the
Democratic presidential primary.

Visit Clark04.com | Contribute Today!

Paid for by CLARK FOR PRESIDENT, Inc.
Contributions and gifts made to Clark for President are not
tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.

To remove yourself from this mailing, please click here

----

Spam detection software, running on the system "mail", has
identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
similar future email. If you have any questions, see
for details.

Content preview:
URI:https://www.kintera.com/AccountTempFiles/Account7206/images/_71041435555
522.gif

URI:https://www.kintera.com/AccountTempFiles/Account7206/images/_71041435555
522.gif

URI:https://www.kintera.com/AccountTempFiles/Account7206/images/_71041435555
522.gif

URI:https://www.kintera.com/AccountTempFiles/Account7206/images/_71041435555
522.gif

URI:https://www.kintera.com/AccountTempFiles/Account7206/images/_71041435555
522.gif

URI:https://www.kintera.com/AccountTempFiles/Account7206/images/_71041435555
522.gif
[...]

Content analysis details: (4.1 points, 4.0 required)

pts rule name description
---- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------
--
0.0 RM_hc_HTML Email is text/html format
0.4 TO_ADDRESS_EQ_REAL To: repeats address as real name
0.1 HTML_TAG_EXISTS_TBODY BODY: HTML has "tbody" tag
0.4 HTML_70_80 BODY: Message is 70% to 80% HTML
0.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
1.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
0.4 HTML_TITLE_EMPTY BODY: HTML title contains no text
0.0 RM_rb_TITLE BODY: Testing for HTML title in emails
0.0 RM_rb_FONT BODY: Testing for HTML Font tag in emails
0.0 RM_rb_ANCHOR BODY: Testing for HTML end of anchor in emails
0.0 RM_rb_BODY BODY: Testing for HTML BODY in emails
0.0 RM_rb_PARA BODY: Testing for HTML Paragraph in emails
0.0 RM_rb_BREAK BODY: Testing for HTML Break in emails
0.0 RM_rb_HTML BODY: Testing for HTML tag in emails
1.0 FVGT_u_DOM_END_NUM URI: FVGT - domain name ends with numbers
Re: Help! Wesley Clark is Spamming my users =) [ In reply to ]
"Keith Dowell" <keith@rogersmfg.com> writes:

> Hehe - found this in my spam drop.

It could be a joe job. You'd have to do some research and header
analysis to know for sure, maybe make a phone call or two.

--
Daniel Quinlan anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/ and open source consulting
Re: Help! Wesley Clark is Spamming my users =) [ In reply to ]
Hehe I did... although the post was meant for light humor - the header reads
from kintera.com. And advertising agency/organization that just happens to
offer service helping for fund raising.