to the trash can if it has too high of a score.

Thank You,
Bob
Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets the user
decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could turn on or off
any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is marked or sent
directly
to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp would update
the
user's profile in his home directory.

(I posted this a few days ago, but the list had just been created so I
hope you
will forgive the repost. But I wanted the larger audience to read this.)

Thank You,
Bob
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Thus spake Bob Byron (bbyron@radit.com) [03/02/04 19:42]:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets the user
> decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could turn on or off
> any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is marked or sent
> directly
> to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp would update
> the
> user's profile in his home directory.

Horde <http://www.horde.org/> has a SpamAsassin module called 'sam' that can
do just this, althought I believe you need the development vrsion of Horde
to do this. FWIW, it also does SQL-based preferences.

It currently has no website (would be <http://www.horde.org/sam/>), but if
you log in to their FTP server, you should be able to find it in there.
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
At 07:42 PM 2/3/2004, Bob Byron wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets the user
>decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could turn on or off
>any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is marked or sent directly
>to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp would update the
>user's profile in his home directory.

If you're using webmin, there's a webmin module for SA. However, AFAIK it's
fairly "alpha grade" and may not be production-ready for end-users.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sawebmin/
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Bob Byron wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets the user
> decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could turn on or off
> any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is marked or sent
> directly
> to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp would update
> the
> user's profile in his home directory.
>
> (I posted this a few days ago, but the list had just been created so I
> hope you
> will forgive the repost. But I wanted the larger audience to read this.)
>
> Thank You,
> Bob

There's a few web interface options out there.. hang on until later
tomorrow afternoon and I can send you some information :)
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Bob Byron wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets
the
> user decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could
turn on
> or off any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is
marked
> or sent directly
> to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp
would
> update the
> user's profile in his home directory.

I just stumbled across this:

http://www.renaissoft.com/projects/maia/

No idea how well it works though, but it certainly claims to do it
all.

- Bob
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Matt Kettler scribed:

>At 07:42 PM 2/3/2004, Bob Byron wrote:
>>I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets the user
>>decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could turn on or off
>>any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is marked or
>>sent directly
>>to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp would update the
>>user's profile in his home directory.
>
>If you're using webmin, there's a webmin module for SA. However,
>AFAIK it's fairly "alpha grade" and may not be production-ready for
>end-users.
>
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/sawebmin/

We use Usermin - cousin to webmin - as a web based email interface.
It includes a SA module that does almost everything on your list.
There currently is no way option to set test scores in the user_prefs

Ed Kasky

Randomly Generated Quote:
By doing just a little every day, I can gradually
let the task completely overwhelm me.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
I installed usermin and tested it. It looks good and is *very*
configurable. However,
the SA module is a bit complicated. However, it is powerful, of that
there is no doubt.
One of the things I want to do is to allow the user to decide if the
spam gets marked
as [SPAM] in the subject line, or it just goes to the trash bin. For
them to make that
decision, they have to have access to procmail. Because the "setup
procmail for
SpamAssassin" only stays up there one time, then you have to grant
access to "procmail
setup", let them delete the procmail rules, then they go back to "setup
procmail for
SpamAssassin" and redo that setup.

Again, usermin is powerful, and can accomplish the task, but I was
hoping for something
even simpler for the users to use. If the "setup procmail for
SpamAssassin" stayed up
there all of the time and the could switch from trash to modify subject
line at will, that is
all they really need.

Thank You very much for the input, it is not off the table, but I am
still hoping for
something simpler.

Bob

Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
I am definately hoping to see that list.

Thank You,
Bob

Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
>>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a module for Apache that lets the
>>> user
>>> decide what users want to mark as spam? The user could turn on or off
>>> any of the rule catagories, and also decide if spam is marked or sent
>>> directly
>>> to the trash can if it has too high of a score. The webapp would
>>> update the
>>> user's profile in his home directory.

* usermin/webmin
* SpamAssassin plugin for Squirrelmail
* The package included with the SpamAssassin source

Hrm. You know, I thought that there were a few more, but I guess that I
goofed.

My bad. :(
Re: Web interface for SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
I'm pretty sure we have a winner with Squirrelmail. The configuration
is easier than
the usermin option. It gives the user very simple choices to make and
doesn't
confuse them with all of the possible options of SpamAssassin.

Thank You,
Bob Byron