Mailing List Archive

Adding custom words and phrases
Hello,

I am having trouble figuring this out. If possible, how can I add my own words
and/or phrases. Then have spamassassin flag messages with these words/phrases
as spam?

Thanks,

Jason
Re: Adding custom words and phrases [ In reply to ]
At 01:29 PM 2/4/2004, Jason wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am having trouble figuring this out. If possible, how can I add my own
>words
>and/or phrases. Then have spamassassin flag messages with these words/phrases
>as spam?

Pretty much the only way is to start writing custom rules... there is no
simple "blacklist words" feature of spamassassin (having such a thing is
contrary to the reasons SpamAssassin was invented in the first place).

I've got a guide which teaches you how to write simple to moderate
complexity rules. It doesn't cover the super-fancy regex possibilities, but
that's probably best left to a good guide on regex's anyway.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/SA-rules-howto.txt