Mailing List Archive

RE: [SAtalk] Turning off Habeas?
>You can disable this test by adding the following line into your
>local.cf or ~.spamassassin/user_prefs file:
>score HABEAS_SWE 0
>or take a more moderate road and simply reduce the score:
>score HABEAS_SWE -1.0

I have to admit I have NOT followed the huge thread on this, so if this
suggestion was already made I apologize.

The modest step I took was to create a local meta rule where if HABEAS_SWE
and BAYES_99 are both true, then add 8 points to negate the -8 score from
HABEAS_SWE. In effect, that disregards the HABEAS_SWE check IF bayes scores
99.

My feeling (untested) is if this meta rule results in a few false positives,
a few feedings into bayes of the FPs will drop the bayes score down a bit,
since the headers are part of the bayes score, and legitimate mailers do not
typically vary their sending address and mail servers on a constant basis.

#-- From the local.cf --
#HABEAS_SWE is ham indicator with a score of -8. But it can be forged.
#This is a meta rule so that if a message has both HABEAS_SWE and
#BAYES_99, we assume Bayes is correct and add a score of +8 back to the
#message to negate the HABEAS_SWE rule.
meta HABEAS_SWE_BAYES_99 ( HABEAS_SWE && BAYES_99 )
score HABEAS_SWE_BAYES_99 8

John C. Ring, Jr.
jcring@switch.com
Network Engineer