Everything is setup, and seems to be working fine, expect Bayes seems to
be handled globally using AMaViS, instead of on a per user basis, and I
can't figure out how, or even if, its possible to have it per user.

I know this is more an AMaViS issue, but just wondered if anyone had any
experience with this.

Anyone got suggestions?

Thanks

Gareth
Re: SpamAssassin + AMaViS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:06:36 -0000, Gareth wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I've been using SpamAssassin for quite a while (currently on 2.63), but
> have today tried to integrate it into AMaViS-new and Postfix (2.0.16)
> instead of piping to it from Procmail. I'm running Debian Woody.
>
> Everything is setup, and seems to be working fine, expect Bayes seems to
> be handled globally using AMaViS, instead of on a per user basis, and I
> can't figure out how, or even if, its possible to have it per user.
>
> I know this is more an AMaViS issue, but just wondered if anyone had any
> experience with this.
>
> Anyone got suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>

> Gareth

Hi,
I have the same problem with sendmail and spamass-milter. I assume it is
because calling setuid() inside a milter would cause some trouble? if it
is possible then great, please fill me in :)

mat

--
A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.

Yes, of course it's the right cabl [le0: NO CARRIER]
Re: SpamAssassin + (was: AMaViS) spamass-milter + Sendmail per user? [ In reply to ]
Sendmail milter works for me with:

spamass-milter -u defaultuser -r 30 -p "${SOCKET}" -f -- -d
spamchecker.name.resolves.to.2.ip --spamc -H -t 200
spamd -x --virtual-config-dir="/usr/local/spamassassin/%u"

where defaultuser is the fallback user to use. it only takes the user part of
the user@domain part though. And yes i have tried to use %d and %l but they
dont give anything.

That issue has been presented here for postfix. Has any solved it for sendmail-
spamass-milter ? How to get %d and %l to another computer.

/Ove

SV: SpamAssassin + (was: AMaViS) spamass-milter + Sendmail per user? [ In reply to ]
> Sendmail milter works for me with:

Sorry I'll try to explain:

Use this to start the milter (the [-- -d anothermachine] part is if it is
on another machine.
spamass-milter -u defaultuser -- -d anothermachine

use this to start spamd:
spamd -x --virtual-config-dir="/path/%u"

You don't need to include .spamassassin in the end of the path, spamassassin
will create one anyway.

You wrote:
hi, I don't totally understand your lines above. I have put

--virtual-config-dir="/home/%u/.spamassassin"

on the end of the spamd arguments but i'm sure i should do something else
too.

it still uses ~root/.spamassassin as the configdir all the time.