Alessio Cecchi
Postmaster @http://www.qboxmail.it
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessice
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Alessio Cecchi skrev den 2023-03-24 09:12:
> Do you know any other companies developing an antispam SDK to be
> combined with spamassassin?

cpanel, plesk, and friends do have it aswell, but i once asked if it was
possible to have cpanel on gentoo, thay lost, open source is really
precompiled problems, lol

still its called opensource right ?

imho pyzor perl fork was planned, but have we seen it yet ?

may i ask what you like to solve ?
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Il 24/03/23 09:20, Benny Pedersen ha scritto:

> Alessio Cecchi skrev den 2023-03-24 09:12:
>> Do you know any other companies developing an antispam SDK to be
>> combined with spamassassin?
>
> cpanel, plesk, and friends do have it aswell, but i once asked if it
> was possible to have cpanel on gentoo, thay lost, open source is
> really precompiled problems, lol
>
> still its called opensource right ?
>
> imho pyzor perl fork was planned, but have we seen it yet ?
>
> may i ask what you like to solve ?

Spamassassin is very flexible and allows us to create custom rules, set
the scores of individual results well and apply customizations also per
domains and users.

We have also always combined a commercial engine to be able to block
spam and phishing waves faster as they start, in the same way as we buy
feeds from various commercial blacklist providers.

Ciao

Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Buongiorno Alessio,

se ti interessa noi abbiamo un plugin per SA
(https://github.com/spamhaus/spamassassin-dqs) e delle subscription
commerciali per accedere a feed non pubblici.

Se ti interessa fammi sapere che ti faccio parlare con qualcuno di sales

Ciao

On 24/03/23 09:12, Alessio Cecchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we were using the Cyren SDK with a custom plugin for SpamAssassin, now
> we are looking for an alternative commercial SDK engine to combine
> with our SpamAssassin.
>
> I know that Cloudmark have a plugin for SpamAssassin but in the past I
> remember it was more expensive than Cyren.
>
> MailShell have an SDK for antispam and I will probably contact them.
>
> Do you know any other companies developing an antispam SDK to be
> combined with spamassassin?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Alessio Cecchi
> Postmaster @http://www.qboxmail.it
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessice

--
Best regards,
Riccardo Alfieri

Spamhaus Technology
https://www.spamhaus.com/
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Apologies, this was meant to be a direct email to Alessio...

--
Best regards,
Riccardo Alfieri

Spamhaus Technology
https://www.spamhaus.com/
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
On 2023-03-24 at 04:12:31 UTC-0400 (Fri, 24 Mar 2023 09:12:31 +0100)
Alessio Cecchi <alessio@skye.it>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi,
>
> we were using the Cyren SDK with a custom plugin for SpamAssassin, now
> we are looking for an alternative commercial SDK engine to combine
> with our SpamAssassin.

Why?

"Commercial" seems like an unnatural and pointless criterium...

> I know that Cloudmark have a plugin for SpamAssassin but in the past I
> remember it was more expensive than Cyren.
>
> MailShell have an SDK for antispam and I will probably contact them.
>
> Do you know any other companies developing an antispam SDK to be
> combined with spamassassin?

What gap in SA are you trying to fill?

I'm reading "SDK" as "Software Development Kit" and your query is just
not making sense to me in connection to SA.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Riccardo Alfieri skrev den 2023-03-24 11:33:
> Buongiorno Alessio,
>
> se ti interessa noi abbiamo un plugin per SA
> (https://github.com/spamhaus/spamassassin-dqs) e delle subscription
> commerciali per accedere a feed non pubblici.

i use it in mta stage only, so spamassassin see only what is not blocked
with it
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]

On 24.03.23 18:40, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>i use it in mta stage only, so spamassassin see only what is not
>blocked with it

so, whatever is not blocked at SMTP level, can't use the DQS for deep header
or URL scanning?
Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2023-03-27 11:53:
>> Riccardo Alfieri skrev den 2023-03-24 11:33:
>>> se ti interessa noi abbiamo un plugin per SA
>>> (https://github.com/spamhaus/spamassassin-dqs) e delle subscription
>>> commerciali per accedere a feed non pubblici.
>
> On 24.03.23 18:40, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> i use it in mta stage only, so spamassassin see only what is not
>> blocked with it
>
> so, whatever is not blocked at SMTP level, can't use the DQS for deep
> header or URL scanning?

if its rejected there is no data for spamassassin, for mta stage dqs is
more important for me then in spamassassin, problem i solve this way is
rejct is more informative to sender then its just spam from
spamassassin... :/

but spamassassin is not designed to reject

not even for highscore spams
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]

On 27.03.23 15:26, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>if its rejected there is no data for spamassassin, for mta stage dqs
>is more important for me then in spamassassin, problem i solve this
>way is rejct is more informative to sender then its just spam from
>spamassassin... :/
>
>but spamassassin is not designed to reject
>
>not even for highscore spams

I have no problems with rejecting high scoring spams at SMTP level,
spamass-milter or amavisd-milter.
Helps much avoid troubles, especially with phishes.

Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2023-03-27 16:56:

> I have no problems with rejecting high scoring spams at SMTP level,
> spamass-milter or amavisd-milter.

i can do this in fuglu with is not a milter, thats not my point of
spamassassin is not designed to reject

bolsk algrebra was not a thing in my schoul either

> Helps much avoid troubles, especially with phishes.

yes we just need to design a phish first
Re: Which commercial engine to combine with SpamAssassin? [ In reply to ]
>Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2023-03-27 16:56:
>>I have no problems with rejecting high scoring spams at SMTP level,
>>spamass-milter or amavisd-milter.

>i can do this in fuglu with is not a milter, thats not my point of
>spamassassin is not designed to reject

SA is safe to reject at scores 8-10.

On 27.03.23 17:35, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>yes we just need to design a phish first

I handle phishes like spams, with bit bigger priority:
I keep examples of each, train them, report to razor/pyzor/DCC.

However filtering phishes help muchmore against problems than filtering
spams.
Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.