installed inside Zimbra.
I'm a bit afraid of breaking stuff, about missing dependencies and so on.

I'm on SA 3.4.5 and - as a test - I'd like to install ESP plugin.
Re: Install plugins into embedded spamassassin [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 25 February 2023 at 15:30:13, hg user wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to install at least one plugin in my embedded spamassassin,
> installed inside Zimbra.
> I'm a bit afraid of breaking stuff, about missing dependencies and so on.
>
> I'm on SA 3.4.5 and - as a test - I'd like to install ESP plugin.

You might well be better off asking the Zimbra people, assuming that this
"embedding" was done by them.

People here will know about "standard SA" but how it's been integrated into
another product is going to be that other product's area of expertise.

Antony.

--
The GNU General Public Licence was first published on this day in 1989
https://www.gnu.org/licences/gpl.html

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Re: Install plugins into embedded spamassassin [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 03:30:13PM +0100, hg user wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to install at least one plugin in my embedded spamassassin,
> installed inside Zimbra.
> I'm a bit afraid of breaking stuff, about missing dependencies and so on.
>
> I'm on SA 3.4.5 and - as a test - I'd like to install ESP plugin.
Zimbra uses standard SA, it's just bundled in their software.
To install an additional plugin you should create /etc/mail/spamassassin/ESP.pre
file with this content:
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Esp Esp.pm
And add Esp.pm and Esp.cf to /etc/mail/spamassassin/.
Same for other plugins you might need.
Zimbra uses amavisd-new, so you need to reload amavisd-new as well when
you change SpamAssassin configurations.

Giovanni
Re: Install plugins into embedded spamassassin [ In reply to ]
Grazie Giovanni,
bundled is probably a better word than embedded.

Probably the dirs are different but the steps are those. I suppose the RBLs
used by esp plugin are free to use... are them?

Antony, zimbra people will come next week to clean up some errors in the
setup they left after an upgrade :-) so I'd like to understand myself what
to do.

What plugins should be "mandatory" in 2023 ? And also useful for the
italian language?

Re: Install plugins into embedded spamassassin [ In reply to ]
If you'd like you can take inspiration from the instructions the Zimbra
people wrote for our own plugin here:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Spamhaus_HBL

Just use the correct file name for yours and you should be fine

On 25/02/23 15:30, hg user wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to install at least one plugin in my embedded spamassassin,
> installed inside Zimbra.
> I'm a bit afraid of breaking stuff, about missing dependencies and so on.
>
> I'm on SA 3.4.5 and - as a test - I'd like to install ESP plugin.

--
Best regards,
Riccardo Alfieri

Spamhaus Technology
https://www.spamhaus.com/
Re: Install plugins into embedded spamassassin [ In reply to ]
Hi Riccardo,
thank you.

Yes, the directories are those, I was expecting something different
but actually in this way everything is in a user-controlled dir.
Re: Install plugins into embedded spamassassin [ In reply to ]
We finally decided to change from the spamassassin included in Zimbra to an
external one invoked by the frontier MTA.

We can configure this new SA freely, with no ties with Zimbra. I installed
4.0 and I'd like to test some other plugins (if I can understand which
should be "mandatory" in 2023),

SA in Zimbra will be kept but all the rules removed but few handling
special cases. I'd also like to "import" the score from the first SA
in this one...