Mailing List Archive

spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars
https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781

is it solved in 3.4.6 ?
Re: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
On 2021-08-11 at 22:03:24 UTC-0400 (Thu, 12 Aug 2021 04:03:24 +0200)
Benny Pedersen <me@junc.eu>
is rumored to have said:

> https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781
>
> is it solved in 3.4.6 ?

That's not a SA bug report. It's a Gentoo bug report.

Fix your rules.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire
Re: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
Benny Pedersen wrote:

> https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781
>
> is it solved in 3.4.6 ?

Don't know.  I took a look at the Gentoo SA package and it's pretty
basic.  RE2C
is pretty mature as is PERL.  Hard to believe Gentoo would mess that
up.  But...

I got this a few months back when I copied what I thought was a
single-quoted
phrase, properly escaped it and all, only to find out the quote signs
were some
Hungarian Goulash Unicode.

perl -ne 'print "$. $_" if m/[\x80-\xFF]/' <FILENAME.CF> can detect it.

Using some 3rd-party rulesets, like Heinlein's, can be problematic as
well as
they have a lot of Unicode sprinkled throughout; the SA normalize_charset
conundrum.

A Thought,

-- Jared Hall
Re: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
Benny Pedersen wrote:

> https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781
>
> is it solved in 3.4.6 ?

It occurs to me that I had a weird sa-compile problem a couple of weeks
ago that produced a similar error.  I ended up blowing out everything
under the /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/ folder to fix it.  Worked
fine after that.

Another Thought,

-- Jared Hall
Re: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
On 2021-08-12 15:56, Jared Hall wrote:

> It occurs to me that I had a weird sa-compile problem a couple of weeks
> ago that produced a similar error.  I ended up blowing out everything
> under the /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/ folder to fix it.  Worked
> fine after that.

i have tryed this aswell today, did not resolve it here, imho
spamassassin should not have wide charter problems anywhere okay its
imho still just a warning, but it should make sense with error lines
sa-compile says, does the problem come from that content is not mime
safe in mime encodings so sometimes rules is diffrent charsats or just
even difffrent encoding in same file

would it be possible to make rules encoding default so all rules is
always same so it stable to decode for rules checking ?

another way would to be make anyspam content reencoded to unicode, for
rule makers, this way spamassing can do the same on checking, just a
tought why its hard to make stable :(

Re: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
On 2021-08-12 04:55, Bill Cole wrote:
> On 2021-08-11 at 22:03:24 UTC-0400 (Thu, 12 Aug 2021 04:03:24 +0200)
> Benny Pedersen <me@junc.eu>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781
>>
>> is it solved in 3.4.6 ?
>
> That's not a SA bug report. It's a Gentoo bug report.
>
> Fix your rules.

thanks for being friendly
RE: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
Thank you all for your best help.

I will investigate.

Kind Regards
Lukas
Ricoh Europe Holdings PLC is a company registered in England, under company number 06273215, with a registered office at 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF. The UK business of Ricoh Europe Holdings PLC is operated by: (i) Ricoh Europe PLC, a company registered in England under company number 00720944, with a registered office at 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF; (ii) Ricoh UK Limited, a company registered in England under company number 01271033, with a registered office at Ricoh House, 800 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7YL; and (iii) Ricoh Capital Limited, a company registered in England under company number 03001351, with a registered office at 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Re: spamassassin 3.4.5 wide chars [ In reply to ]
On 2021-08-12 04:03, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781
>
> is it solved in 3.4.6 ?

reply to myself if its matters, rule sets from current sa-update today
is now showing this wide charters warning

step to reproduce in gentoo:

sa-update
sa-compile

before sa-compile call re2c its shown 2 warning lines

spamassassin version 3.4.5
perl version 5.34

from one of my friends with slackware 14.2 its not a problem with perl
5.22

slackware current have perl 5.34 aswell, but i dont use slackware :=)

seems pmc members does not either

spamassassin should be stable from perl 5.8 and upwards, but its not :/