)
channel: lint check of update failed, channel failed
Update failed, exiting with code 4
Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Fixes are likely done and just waiting on masscheck, etc. to publish
rules. If it isn't fixed by Monday, please let us know.
P.S. 3.3.1 is very old. Can you upgrade?
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Thanks.  For me, there's no update package for my distribution. And
still working on general upgrade testing here.

-Alan

Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
So it's Saturday, not Monday yet, but nothing has changed... has a "fix"
been published yet?  Maybe the fix doesn't work?

]$ sudo /usr/bin/sa-update -vvvv

Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Alan,

After a change is made to a rule, there is an automated process. The rule
qa and update process is not quick. Nor is it causing any issues except
not getting updates for rules. There are no major rule updates pending so
it's a non impacting issue.

However, now you know why the KAM ruleset exists because the process for
stock rule publishing is too slow.

Recommend you ignore the issue until Monday and if it doesn't resolve then
we'll look at it again and try and figure out why a good rule set is not
being published.

Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
SO, OK... it's Tuesday and there's no resolution to the issue. Thanks.

rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_BLOCKLIST test, skipping:
(Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_blacklist" via
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2022) line 394.
)
rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_WELCOMELIST test, skipping:
(Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_whitelist" via
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2022) line 1489.
)

On 2021-07-31 12:21 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Alan,
>
> After a change is made to a rule, there is an automated process. The rule qa and update process is not quick. Nor is it causing any issues except not getting updates for rules. There are no major rule updates pending so it's a non impacting issue.
>
> However, now you know why the KAM ruleset exists because the process for stock rule publishing is too slow.
>
> Recommend you ignore the issue until Monday and if it doesn't resolve then we'll look at it again and try and figure out why a good rule set is not being published.
>
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2021, 13:15 Alan Sparks <asparks@doublesparks.net> wrote:
>
> So it's Saturday, not Monday yet, but nothing has changed... has a "fix" been published yet? Maybe the fix doesn't work?
>
> ]$ sudo /usr/bin/sa-update -vvvv
> Update available for channel updates.spamassassin.org [1]
> rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_BLOCKLIST test, skipping:
> (Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_blacklist" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2016) line 394.
> )
> rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_WELCOMELIST test, skipping:
> (Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_whitelist" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2016) line 1489.
> )
> channel: lint check of update failed, channel failed
> Update failed, exiting with code 4
>
> -Alan
>
> On 7/29/2021 1:36 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>
> Fixes are likely done and just waiting on masscheck, etc. to publish rules. If it isn't fixed by Monday, please let us know.
> P.S. 3.3.1 is very old. Can you upgrade?
>
> --
> Kevin A. McGrail
> Member, Apache Software Foundation
> Chair Emeritus Apache SpamAssassin Project
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail - 703.798.0171
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:21 AM Alan Sparks <asparks@doublesparks.net> wrote: Starting yesterday, my SA 3.3.1 running on CentOS started throwing lint
> errors, as below. Is there a fix for this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Alan
>
> $ sudo /usr/bin/sa-update -vvv
> Update available for channel updates.spamassassin.org [1]
> rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_BLOCKLIST test, skipping:
> (Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_blacklist" via
> package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2016) line 394.
> )
> rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_WELCOMELIST test, skipping:
> (Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_whitelist" via
> package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2016) line 1489.
> )
> channel: lint check of update failed, channel failed
> Update failed, exiting with code 4

Links:
------
[1] http://updates.spamassassin.org
Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Alan,

I have the serious impression that you are still running CentOS 6 as spamassassin 3.3.1 is the default spamassassin version of CentOS 6. Centos 6 was released back in 2011 and full upgrades stopped on 2017-05-10 (maintanance releases until november 2020).

Are you still running CentOS 6?

I am not going to spend any second helping you if you run a pre-dinosour version of both the OS and spamassassin.

Met vriendelijke groet, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Best regards,

Thom van der Boon

SO, OK... it's Tuesday and there's no resolution to the issue. Thanks.

rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_BLOCKLIST test, skipping:
(Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_blacklist" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2022) line 394.
)
rules: failed to run URI_HOST_IN_WELCOMELIST test, skipping:
(Can't locate object method "check_uri_host_in_whitelist" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 2022) line 1489.
)

Update available for channel [ http://updates.spamassassin.org/ | updates.spamassassin.org ]
[...]

BQ_END

BQ_END

BQ_END
Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Yes. As I said I'm working to get rid of that. Hopefully I can really
soon, but when you're the only op... and pandemics and all such fun. I
got the impression others were having issues as well.

-Alan

Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
On 04/08/2021 04:44, asparks wrote:

> Yes. As I said I'm working to get rid of that. Hopefully I can really
> soon, but when you're the only op... and pandemics and all such fun. I
> got the impression others were having issues as well.
>
> -Alan
>
> On 2021-08-03 12:18 PM, Thom van der Boon wrote:

I've had no alerts, so no issues here

Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.
Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Throwing this out there... It does not solve the issue(s) with being on
EL6, and it doesn't solve the issue with what may be happening with
sa-update for 3.3.x, but it may be a potential interim solution to allow
your instance SpamAssassin to be more up to date in the meantime.

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/kevin/spamassassin-el/package/spamassassin/

Re: Lint failing [ In reply to ]
Better link, includes some important notes:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/kevin/spamassassin-el/

Additionally, since EL6 is EOL, I don't know if this has happened yet (I
suspect it has), but at some point the repo mirrors will stop making
packages and repo data available, so you may want to point to the vault
server.