Mailing List Archive

Header exists with a dollar sign in it
We need to check messages for the existence of a header

X-$switch

I have the rule setup like this

header BTLS_EGRESS_ENCRYPT_THIS exists:x-$switch

This worked OK on our current server running an out of date version but we are trying to migrate and it now fails on a newer version.

May 26 11:27:15.235 [23100] warn: config: invalid head test BTLS_EGRESS_ENCRYPT_THIS header: x-$switch

If I remove the $ then it works OK so that is the issue. How do I go about matching the header with the $ in it? We cant change the header name as it is an externally hosted system.

Thanks

Dan Douglas

********************

This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.
If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it.
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of the County Council's position.
Lancashire County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email.
Lancashire County Council has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.
Re: Header exists with a dollar sign in it [ In reply to ]
On 26.05.21 10:28, Douglas, Daniel wrote:
>We need to check messages for the existence of a header
>
> X-$switch
>
>I have the rule setup like this
>
> header BTLS_EGRESS_ENCRYPT_THIS exists:x-$switch
>
>This worked OK on our current server running an out of date version but we are trying to migrate and it now fails on a newer version.
>
> May 26 11:27:15.235 [23100] warn: config: invalid head test BTLS_EGRESS_ENCRYPT_THIS header: x-$switch
>
>If I remove the $ then it works OK so that is the issue. How do I go about matching the header with the $ in it? We cant change the header name as it is an externally hosted system.

x-\$switch should work, but do you really have headers like this?
I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.
RE: Header exists with a dollar sign in it [ In reply to ]
Doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

May 26 11:40:50.470 [23554] warn: config: invalid head test BTLS_EGRESS_ENCRYPT_THIS header: x-\$switch

It's a header that the Egress secure email that we use puts in. We need to detect it so that we can route emails with that header to a different server.

Re: Header exists with a dollar sign in it [ In reply to ]
You could try

header X_SWITCH ALL =~ /^X-\$switch\b/sm

Loren
RE: Header exists with a dollar sign in it [ In reply to ]
Thanks

That seems to work (no syntax errors show up anyway). I'll do some testing.

Cheers

Dan

Re: Header exists with a dollar sign in it [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 26 May 2021 04:11:28 -0700
Loren Wilton wrote:

> You could try
>
> header X_SWITCH ALL =~ /^X-\$switch\b/sm

Minor point, but since it's supposed to match a specific header name, it should be

header X_SWITCH ALL =~ /^X-\$switch:/m
RE: Header exists with a dollar sign in it [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 26 May 2021, Douglas, Daniel wrote:

> We need to detect it so that we can route emails with that header to a
> different server.

SpamAssassin does scoring, not routing. Isn't it important that your *MTA*
be able to detect that header?

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
5 days until Memorial Day - honor those who sacrificed for our liberty