my spamassassin book are coming from 2004, and possible this arnt relay
up2date.

I need to refresh the update and build the own rules.

I read now meny topics from apache - spamassassin site, and it's time to
refresh

Me point to filter granularity.

Thanks

Mauri
Re: learning news from Spamassassin ? [ In reply to ]
On 10.04.21 08:58, mauric@gmx.ch wrote:
>my spamassassin book are coming from 2004, and possible this arnt relay
>up2date.

should be 90% fine.

>I need to refresh the update and build the own rules.

apparently new install, preferrably from your OS/distribution.

read /etc/spamassassin/*.pre files and uncomment as needed.
razor, pyzor, DCC, SPF and other plugins may need external
packages/libraries.

most of distros keep rules up-to-date by using sa-update daily (or,
nightly).

>I read now meny topics from apache - spamassassin site, and it's time to
>refresh
>
>Me point to filter granularity.

Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...
Re: learning news from Spamassassin ? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:23:01 +0200
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 10.04.21 08:58, mauric@gmx.ch wrote:
> >my spamassassin book are coming from 2004, and possible this arnt
> >relay up2date.
>
> should be 90% fine.

I didn't know there was a book but I looked it up

"Configure SpamAssassin to work with newer spam-filtering methods such
as Hashcash"

2004 is very early, it probably doesn't even cover internal networks
which only went into trunk in November of that year. I'd ignore that
book, there's plenty of online help.
Re: learning news from Spamassassin ? [ In reply to ]
On 10 Apr 2021, at 10:17, RW wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:23:01 +0200
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
>> On 10.04.21 08:58, mauric@gmx.ch wrote:
>>> my spamassassin book are coming from 2004, and possible this arnt
>>> relay up2date.
>>
>> should be 90% fine.
>

> I didn't know there was a book but I looked it up
>
> "Configure SpamAssassin to work with newer spam-filtering methods such
> as Hashcash"

For people who don't get the point here:

DO NOT attempt to configure SpamAssassin to use Hashcash. It was never
really a good idea, it has never been enabled by default, the SA plugin
hasn't had any specific attention since 2005, and it turns out that the
proof of work that no one managed to provide was configuring it. It will
be going away altogether in v4.0.

> 2004 is very early, it probably doesn't even cover internal networks
> which only went into trunk in November of that year. I'd ignore that
> book, there's plenty of online help.

Agreed.

--
Bill Cole