Please audit your local config for score overrides and meta rules
depending on the old names.

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
Re: ANN: ReturnPath rule renaming [ In reply to ]
Hi,

>   RCVD_IN_RP_CERTIFIED -> RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_CERTIFIED
>   RCVD_IN_RP_SAFE -> RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_SAFE
>   RCVD_IN_RP_RNBL -> RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_RPBL
>
> Please audit your local config for score overrides and meta rules
> depending on the old names.

I don't see that the VALIDITY rules exist yet. Will they be in tonight's
update?

How do you recommend we manage the period where the old rules with our
meta rules are not invalidated with the publishing of the new rules?

We could duplicate our rules with the old and new, but just wanted to
see if there was a plan already for dealing with this.

dave
Re: ANN: ReturnPath rule renaming [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, Dave Wreski wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>   RCVD_IN_RP_CERTIFIED -> RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_CERTIFIED
>>   RCVD_IN_RP_SAFE -> RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_SAFE
>>   RCVD_IN_RP_RNBL -> RCVD_IN_VALIDITY_RPBL
>>
>> Please audit your local config for score overrides and meta rules depending
>> on the old names.
>
> I don't see that the VALIDITY rules exist yet. Will they be in tonight's
> update?

The change went in today, they should go through masscheck and be
published tomorrow.

> How do you recommend we manage the period where the old rules with our meta
> rules are not invalidated with the publishing of the new rules?
>
> We could duplicate our rules with the old and new, but just wanted to see if
> there was a plan already for dealing with this.

I'd be a bit surprised if anyone was actually meta'ing them.

It's not a fatal lint error, you only see a warning if you run with -D.
Duplicating any such rules now and cleaning up in a day or two is probably
a reasonable approach.

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
...to announce there must be no criticism of the President or to
stand by the President right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public.
-- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
300 days since the first private commercial manned orbital mission (SpaceX)