coach spamassassin. After doing this a few days, I notice that stuff
that I know I have classified as spam is still getting into inboxes. So
clearly I'm doing something wrong. I did a little reading and discovered
that sa-learn only applies for the user sa-learn is run under. It seems
wasteful to run sa-learn over the same emails for every users on the
system.

How can I run sa-learn once on the system and then share the generated
database with each user?
Re: How do I efficiently share a database with all users? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 11 March 2021 at 18:42:59, Steve Dondley wrote:

> I have a few different mail servers. I harvest mail from the servers and
> periodically sort them into ham/spam folders and then share the sorted
> mail back out to the servers

> How can I run sa-learn once on the system and then share the generated
> database with each user?

Frankly, I would say: you shouldn't.

In general, running a single SpamAssassin filter on a mail server with multiple
users (especially if their email addresses are in multiple domains) gives far
poorer results than doing per-user Bayes learning.

By combining the spam / ham folders over multiple machines, you're just
exacerbating the problem.

So, my recommendation is to keep each user's mail feed separate, run
SpamAssassin so that it uses per-user Bayes databases, and save yourself the
work of combining the folders from multiple servers.

Antony.

--
Douglas was one of those writers who honourably failed to get anywhere with
'weekending'. It put a premium on people who could write things that lasted

- Geoffrey Perkins, about Douglas Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.