Mailing List Archive

Undisclosed-recipients: rule?
All,

In doing a sort of my mailbox, I'm finding that there are many popular
spams with to: undisclosed-recipients. Which is *legal* but, in some
cases shouldn't exist.

In our particular use case, the box we're looking to protect is the
dayjob's info@ box. Nobody should be bccing the thing. It's mainly
handled by forms, but it's around for historical reasons. It's
long-lived.

But in looking at the spams I've recieved, I don't see that it matched a
specific rule.

Some of these messages are DKIM signed, so I know it's not just something
added by my MTA/MUA.

Has anyone come up with a rule that's "canon" or should I write my own?

-Dan

Re: Undisclosed-recipients: rule? [ In reply to ]
On 15 Jan 2021, at 17:51, Dan Mahoney (Gushi) wrote:

> All,
>
> In doing a sort of my mailbox, I'm finding that there are many popular
> spams with to: undisclosed-recipients. Which is *legal* but, in some
> cases shouldn't exist.
>
> In our particular use case, the box we're looking to protect is the
> dayjob's info@ box. Nobody should be bccing the thing. It's mainly
> handled by forms, but it's around for historical reasons. It's
> long-lived.
>
> But in looking at the spams I've recieved, I don't see that it matched
> a specific rule.
>
> Some of these messages are DKIM signed, so I know it's not just
> something added by my MTA/MUA.
>
> Has anyone come up with a rule that's "canon" or should I write my
> own?

There is already an unscored subrule "__TO_UNDISCLOSED" which you can
use in meta rules. Subrules are not listed in the usual list that may be
added to a message.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire