Invaluement (https://www.invaluement.com/serviceproviderdnsbl/) and SA
developers now apparently supports compromised Mailchimp domains.
https://github.com/bigio/spamassassin-esp

Is there an ongoing list of compromised mailchimp domains available to
be used with this? That info is not included with the man page for
this plugin.

I also know there's another plugin developed by Paul Stead for this,
but has one yet become the defacto version yet?
Re: Mailchimp support for spamassassin-esp [ In reply to ]
On 11/30/2020 5:40 PM, Alex wrote:
> I happened to notice today that the sendgrid spam work being done by
> Invaluement (https://www.invaluement.com/serviceproviderdnsbl/) and SA
> developers now apparently supports compromised Mailchimp domains.
> https://github.com/bigio/spamassassin-esp
>
> Is there an ongoing list of compromised mailchimp domains available to
> be used with this? That info is not included with the man page for
> this plugin.
>
> I also know there's another plugin developed by Paul Stead for this,
> but has one yet become the defacto version yet?

Alex,

So yes - this one *is* the official/defacto version for SpamAssassin.
This one was developed in coordination with the Apache Foundation and
its development was partially funded by invaluement. The problem here is
that the main developer (to his credit - this is a GOOD problem!) got
ahead of us with the implementations. But we're in the process of
catching up on the data-generation side, and hope to have those new
types of data released in the next few weeks (for those ones mentioned
in those rules, and for other ESPs that will get into those rules
eventually).

The entire process of developing the engine that produces that SendGrid
data - was the equivalent of our entire invaluement staff taking at
least a full month of paid leave away from our regular duties. So that
got us horribly behind on other things - including getting this data
into our regular paid datafeeds with instructions sent to our customers
for that - so we're still catching up on all of that - but we hope to
get past that soon and to also have those /*other*/ related datafeeds
for our "service provider DNSBL" released soon. (it won't be as much
work for the other ones, now that the sendgrid anti-spam data engine is
already completed - it "blazed the trail") So that explains why a few
months have passed since the sendgrid data was released without any
additional data being released yet, and how/why the developer of the
rules was able to get ahead of us. (again, to his credit!)

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

--
Rob McEwen
https://www.invaluement.com
Re: Mailchimp support for spamassassin-esp [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 05:40:39PM -0500, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I happened to notice today that the sendgrid spam work being done by
> Invaluement (https://www.invaluement.com/serviceproviderdnsbl/) and SA
> developers now apparently supports compromised Mailchimp domains.
> https://github.com/bigio/spamassassin-esp

Hi,
spamassassin-esp plugin has been committed to trunk and I will keep in sync
with my Github repo.

> Is there an ongoing list of compromised mailchimp domains available to
> be used with this? That info is not included with the man page for
> this plugin.

for the moment you should use your own data, Rob replied more extensively
to this question.

Giovanni