basis with SA 3.4.4 and amavis?

I realize I could write a meta rule that combines a rule with a
recipient address, for example, but ideally I'd like to have a
separate per-user list of rules.

The real motivation for doing this is to be able to block mail from a
specific TLD or domain or country on a per-user or per-domain basis.
Perhaps there's another way to do this? In amavis directly?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/UsingSQL
Re: Per-user prefs and rules [ In reply to ]
On 09.11.20 08:37, Alex wrote:
>I'm aware of the ability to store user prefs in mysql, like whether to
>use bayes or razor, but is it possible to have rules on a per-user
>basis with SA 3.4.4 and amavis?

no, amavis processes all mail under single user, usually "amavis".

you probably could make maavis/MTA feed each mail through separate filter so
they can use per-user settings.

>I realize I could write a meta rule that combines a rule with a
>recipient address, for example, but ideally I'd like to have a
>separate per-user list of rules.
>
>The real motivation for doing this is to be able to block mail from a
>specific TLD or domain or country on a per-user or per-domain basis.
>Perhaps there's another way to do this? In amavis directly?
>
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/UsingSQL

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901
Re: Per-user prefs and rules [ In reply to ]
Alex skrev den 2020-11-09 14:37:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/UsingSQL

create pr user rules, set the scores default to 0

in sql, then change scorees pr user, easy :=)

and amavisd have sa_userprefs maps to sa_user, its just not that easy to
make work as intended
Re: Per-user prefs and rules [ In reply to ]
Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2020-11-09 14:43:

> no, amavis processes all mail under single user, usually "amavis".

user prefs in sql is still supported in spamassassin even for system
users in the host

and amavisd have usermaps to sa_users, so its all supported

but the gaviat is more that users must make there own user_prefs file
with rule to have or let the server admin let hem be global with score 0
so its global disabled, then users in sql can change scores for that
rule to be enabled pr user

hope this is good enoug, more flexiblity needs perl code changes
Re: Per-user prefs and rules [ In reply to ]
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/UsingSQL
>
> create pr user rules, set the scores default to 0
>
> in sql, then change scorees pr user, easy :=)
>
> and amavisd have sa_userprefs maps to sa_user, it's just not that easy to
> make work as intended

This is kind of what I was thinking - wouldn't it be possible to use
the "wblist" table and create an entry for each user that blocks the
TLDs they specify?
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mailfiltering_Gateway/en

It also looks like there's "whitelist_from", but no "whitelist_auth"?
Or "blacklist_from"? How much work would it be to add it to the
database then configure SA to actually look for it?
Re: Per-user prefs and rules [ In reply to ]
Alex skrev den 2020-11-10 20:30:

> It also looks like there's "whitelist_from", but no "whitelist_auth"?
> Or "blacklist_from"? How much work would it be to add it to the
> database then configure SA to actually look for it?

this can be done in sql spamassassin, read the docs

in amavisd only whitelist_from and blacklist_from is supported

i am not using amavisd anymore, sorry