Mailing List Archive

Re: SV: Character encoding in Report Templates
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, Tim Wetterek Andersson wrote:

> I am sorry for not really understanding but is what you mean I should
> try using like "lang sv ...." for the whole report template?

Please keep the conversation on the users list so others can potentially
benefit in the future.

That might be a solution, but it presumes your language is set to Swedish,
rather than being set to English and just overriding all the default
English messages with Swedish text...

All I can say is: try it and see if it works.

Create a 30_text_sv.cf file in your local configuration folder, and put in
stuff that's similar to one of the existing translation files. These are
what we already have in the base code:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/30_text_de.cf
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/30_text_fr.cf
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/30_text_it.cf
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/30_text_nl.cf
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/30_text_pl.cf
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/30_text_pt_br.cf

(Click the "(view)" link near the top to see the file itself, click the
"(download)" link to download a copy to edit.)

Don't worry about all the rule description translations unless you want
to. Focus on the report template translations first.

I don't have a suggestion for the proper encoding to use. But with the
proper encoding set, you should be able to just paste in the appropriate
text without having to fiddle around with escapes.

Let us know how that goes!

A general note to the list: more translations would be gratefully
welcomed, if anyone wants to provide languages that we don't
currently have.

> Thanks
>
> Tim Wetterek Andersson
> Digitaliseringsavdelningen, Norrköpings kommun
> Telefon/SMS: +46725935115

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason
anyone has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than
he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn’t let him
do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars,
muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen,
bureaucrats, and politicians. -- Alexander Pope
Today: the 491st anniversary of the muslim Ottoman defeat at Vienna