Mailing List Archive

Re: 1.6 FORGED_MUA_MOZILLA Forged mail pretending to be from Mozilla
On Wed, 23 Sep 2020, Jerry Malcolm wrote:

> I am sending test emails from one of my hosting environments to another of my
> hosting environments.  I get this line in the SA report:
>
> 1.6 FORGED_MUA_MOZILLA Forged mail pretending to be from Mozilla
>
> I am sending from Thunderbird. So it's coming from Mozilla. But it is not
> forged mail pretending to be from Mozilla.
> What is triggering this?

meta FORGED_MUA_MOZILLA (__MOZILLA_MUA && !__UNUSABLE_MSGID && !__MOZILLA_MSGID)

It doesn't believe the Message-ID was generated by Thunderbird. What's the
message ID?

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
The social contract exists so that everyone doesn't have to squat
in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all
day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take
your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what
to do with them. -- Dagny @ Ace of Spades
41 days until the Presidential Election