Anders Gustafsson, ingenjör
anders.gustafsson@pedago.fi | Support +358 18 12060 | Direkt +358 9 315 45 121 | Mobil +358 40506 7099

Pedago interaktiv ab, Nygatan 7 B , AX-22100 MARIEHAMN, ÅLAND, FINLAND
Re: Spam from Turkey? [ In reply to ]
On 30 Aug 2020, at 3:02, Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Over the last months the real egregious spammers have all been from
> Turkish ISPs. Had 15+ of them during this
> morning from Meric Internet Teknolojileri A.S. anyone seen this as
> well?

On some systems but not others, so apparently it's somewhat targeted.
45.136.7.0/24 most recently. All listed on SBL-CSS.

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)
Re: Spam from Turkey? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Some networks are known to be more accommodating spam here.
I wouldn't actually call these "ISPs"
These are usually one-man-show hosting companies with either no care or knowledge.

I don't think it would hurt anyone if you are to block their complete IP ranges.
But going back my logs by a month, it seems I got some too.

They don't send to generic mail addresses and they seem to be using legit user mails. I presume they operate on a mail list.
And they seem to use lots of useless TLDs with different domain names in their spams and as they seem to hit

UriRBLs (centuryfear.guru:SURBL,SURBL,URIBL,SPAMHAUSDBL)
or
PreRBLs (TRUNCATEGBUDB,BLOCKLISTDE)

they get denied instantly

Did you try contacting via abuse?