Mailing List Archive

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The NEW invaluement 'Service Provider DNSBLs' - 1st one for Sendgrid-spams!
On Tue, August 25, 2020 23:07, Rob McEwen wrote:
> Thanks, John Capo, for the suggestions! Honestly, I'm at the end of my rope - completely burned
> out from creating this - desperately needing to catch up in other areas of my business so that I
> can pay my bills. And I have other ideas for how to make this data even better that I'm trying to
> get to asap. So help like this is very appreciated!
>
> BTW - does Postfix "know" to refresh the data when the files are updated? Or is there some kind
> of command that needs to run to tell Postfix to reload the files? How does that work?

Postfix loads regex files when a new smtpd instance is started. Running postfix reload or running postmap on a hashed file forces a restart.

Ideally the ids would be in an RBL so changes are seen in a minute or so. I pan on adding that capability to my policy server.

> ALSO - would it help if I created a separate set of files for Postfix that are pre-formatted this
> way already?

Dominic Raferd posted a script that does that. Your time is probably better spent elsewhere.

And Paul Stead posted a nice plugin for Spamassassin.

John Capo
Tuffmail.com