Mailing List Archive

Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever
Hi Folks,

I post infrequently - and intend to keep it that way - and want to ensure
my posts have actual value to the community.

First, I'm NOT a member of the dev@spamassassin.apache.org email list and
I surely hope someone who is will kindly forward this email to that list.

List member Oliver Nicole rightly makes the following observations - here
excerpted - about the apparently not just proposed but apparently certain
to happen changes to this project which will negatively impact a great
many people, with a few in-line comments for context before my conclusion.
To wit:

> From: Olivier <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
> To: Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org>
> Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org, dev@spamassassin.apache.org
> Subject: Re: More Responses about Various Questions revolving around
> WelcomeLIst/BlockList changes

[ ... lots deleted, this is just an excerpt ... ]

> The issue seems to be that you do not understand how real world is
> working. You assume a closed and controled system, which is far from the
> truth.
>
> Every user can build their own rules, they can have scripts that
> generate rules for them, things they put up years ago and they
> completely forget about because it is working fine.

Yes, the above is clearly true. Few of us leave sufficient bread-crumbs to
find our way back to understanding why we did what we did, etc.

> Most likely they will not see the message about the obsolescence, and
> one day, when compatibilty is over, their stuff will stop working and
> there will be no way to solve that ecvept to painfully go back to an
> older version of SA or manually go through all the problems of all the
> angry users.

As a system administrator for some 37 years, and as someone who has acted
in a support or consulting capacity to others in such role(s) for well
over 30 years, I can tell you this observation is quite correct. In fact,
this is the dominant circumstance, by far.

VERY importantly, nobody wants to be stuck on old versions, as Oliver
proposes will happen (and he's right about that), and so this puts system
administrators in a VERY difficult position - a position I'd venture the
proponents don't really understand. The choice is one painful one versus
another painful one. Only someone who's actually been there really gets
it.

> If you offer compatibility with only a warning message, most people will
> ignore (or simply not see) that message and do nothing. And when the
> compatibility is over, they will be facing a wall, just the same as if
> there were no compatibility period. You are just pushing the mayhem back
> by one year.

I'd argue that most won't see it coming at all, though there is, of
course, no way to prove that. But it's simple human nature; when we are
overloaded, as nearly 100% of us perpetually are, we ignore a LOT of
warnings we should have, with our better selves, seen coming, from our
health issues like cancer to our children's issues to computer log files,
it's just what happens; we're simply so busy in our daily lives just
trying to get by that we miss signs we could have seen. The VAST majority
of us are in economic instability, especially with the effects of this
Covid-19 pandemic; to expect us to be paying close attention to warnings
in logs is objectively silly. (Perhaps the proponents of this change are
simply too comfortable in their economics and too isolated from actual
users to see these truths.)

...I believe the above makes the case for why backwards-compatibility
needs to be maintained into perpetuity, but Oliver actually suggests a
neat way to solve this AND the political problem that openly saying that
would create. He writes:

> In fact, I would even suggest that SA 4.0 come with the compatibility
> turned off, so the users are forced to notice the change, with a kind
> and visible message explaining how they can turn the compatibility on
> and that they should upgrade.

Yes, this is, in fact, a BRILLIANT idea because the concept of a
"backwards compatibility" flag in the configuration gives established
users the ability to continue forward without undue pain while at the same
time permitting the linguistically ignorant social justice warriors a
clean victory. "YES, we have vanquished the evil, hurtful words blacklist
and whitelist!" AND, "thank the universe the system still works!" Both
sides can have their way!

AND, of course, the blind-to-what-we-don't-have-to-see populace, such as
the potentially offended by Whitelist and Blacklist, won't see this,
either. So, what they don't know about backwards compatibility will be
completely invisible to them - and even if they see it, they'll think, "OH
GOOD, they got rid of that offensive mess!"

Of course, if there are things that the development team doesn't want to
perpetually support backwards compatibility for, that can easily be worked
out, too, such as resolving those first, and also maybe giving a special
flag for this such as, perhaps, "BackwardsNamingCompatibility" so it
doesn't apply to everything. ... If you WANT to solve this problem, there
is surely a way.

A person dedicated to the engineering change WITHOUT this option is a
person adopting the serious potential end of this project outright, AND
illustrates they really don't give a damn about the project's serving
people. The "one year" plan basically gives a one year lifetime to the
rest of this project, and after that, who knows? Importantly, if they do
this change WITHOUT the backwards compatibility, who knows what OTHER
changes they'll just toss at users without concern for how they adapt?
That is a question I ask as I evaluate which systems to use - as all
others who are wise should also be doing.

To be VERY clear, I AM VERY CIRCUMSPECT ABOUT PROJECTS that do this kind
of thing and generally avoid them. This is a big change. This isn't
something to be taken lightly for the impact on the user community as the
proponents believe it is. And that is the biggest issue here - they
apparently believe this is a no-big-deal you'll-adapt issue, without any
appreciation of the issues. ... How about the proponents give THEIR
backgrounds and state how many years THEY HAVE administering systems and
supporting users, as I and several others here have? As for me, you can
easily use my email address and find out a LOT about me and confirm the
veracity of my remarks. (And, someone else has chimed in with a similar
view as I have with maybe 20 years more experience than I have, I think -
and I hope she contacts me, actually.) ... Honestly, I haven't done the
same with the proponent here of this change, mostly because his lack of
appreciation of the difficulty of this and man-hours spent by the
community clearly illustrates his lack of experience but also because I
really have other things to do and don't really want to be writing to this
list. ... This might be my last post here, IDK - it's certainly been
painful of the time I have available.

IF this project goes forward without said perpetual backwards
compatibility option, I will dump this project ASAP. And now, not later.

Regards,
Richard

--
Chief Scientist somewhere or other you can easily discover.
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2020-07-20 at 21:42 -0700, Richard Troy wrote:

> clean victory. "YES, we have vanquished the evil, hurtful words
> blacklist
> and whitelist!" AND, "thank the universe the system still works!"
> Both
> sides can have their way!
>
> AND, of course, the blind-to-what-we-don't-have-to-see populace, such
> as
> the potentially offended by Whitelist and Blacklist, won't see this,
> either. So, what they don't know about backwards compatibility will
> be
> completely invisible to them - and even if they see it, they'll
> think, "OH
> GOOD, they got rid of that offensive mess!"

This is the first time this long time lurker has posted here and I'm
probably going to offend a lot of people by what I have to say.

I really don't get why anyone would be offended by blacklistd and
whitelist given neither have any sort of connection to race or skin
color. It is absurd in my opinion that there is a population going
about that is offended by seemingly everything and sees racism where
none exists. What offends me more is the notion we have to wreak havoc
in order to accommodate these thin skinned social warriors.

Looking at a dictionary blog:
https://www.macmillandictionaryblog.com/blacklist

there is no indication the term was racial at all. A list of
"objectionable or suspicious people" is not necessarily with regard to
race.

I wonder when these folks are going to want black and white as colors
stricken from the English language?

--
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net>
Blog: http://cowdawgkitchens.com
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 7/21/20 9:09 AM, Peter L. Berghold wrote:
> This is the first time this long time lurker has posted here and I'm
> probably going to offend a lot of people by what I have to say.

I don't think your post is offensive. It is said as a statement of
facts and does not seem to contain any malicious intent. Sometimes
facts hurt. Sometimes they don't.

> I really don't get why anyone would be offended by blacklistd and
> whitelist given neither have any sort of connection to race or skin
> color.

I think that many people are ~> some of society is hypersensitive to the
two five letter strings "white" and "black". Some people are so
hypersensitive that they can't see the forest (meaning of the words
containing said five letter strings) for the trees (said five letter
strings).

> It is absurd in my opinion that there is a population going about that
> is offended by seemingly everything and sees racism where none exists.

I agree and share your opinion that it is absurd where people are
ascribing racism where none has historically exists.

Will we be asked to rename "blacktop", which is a specific subset of
asphalt? Or what about renaming the SR-71 Blackbird? Or will White
Castle need to rename, when the name was originally meant to reference
clean and safe to eat at? Or dare I say it, what about renaming the
U.S.A.'s White House?

*NONE* of these three examples were named with any racism in them. They
were named based on the color of their appearance.

Sure, the White House may be associated with specific individuals, many
of whom happened to be white, which have done some questionable things.
But the occupant of the building has nothing to do with the building's
naming.

> What offends me more is the notion we have to wreak havoc in order
> to accommodate these thin skinned social warriors.

I am willing to consider new accepted norms for things going forward.
(See below.) I think that retroactively changing things because of a
sub-string collision is fraught with errors.

> Looking at a dictionary blog:
> https://www.macmillandictionaryblog.com/blacklist
>
> there is no indication the term was racial at all. A list of
> "objectionable or suspicious people" is not necessarily with regard
> to race.

I completely agree.

> I wonder when these folks are going to want black and white as colors
> stricken from the English language?

IMHO completely removing the words is a very bad idea. Lest we forget
where we have been in the past, thus dooming us to repeat it in the future.

For better or worse, we are at an inflection point in society where
society as a whole is deliberating the meaning and / or use of the terms
"white" and "black".

"gay" had a significantly different meaning 100 years ago than it does
today. Language, much like society grows, changes, and evolves.

I think that it is generally a good thing to use the current accepted
words when creating new things. But creating new is decidedly different
than retroactively changing things that exist today. That being said, I
think that the majority of people would agree that we have not yet
crossed the tipping point for "white" and "black".

Even if the meaning changed overnight — something that I think is
unlikely to happen — there will be years of cohabitation of the old
meaning and the new meaning of the words.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 21 Jul 2020, at 13:34, Grant Taylor wrote:

> Will we be asked to rename "blacktop", which is a specific subset of
> asphalt? Or what about renaming the SR-71 Blackbird? Or will White
> Castle need to rename, when the name was originally meant to reference
> clean and safe to eat at? Or dare I say it, what about renaming the
> U.S.A.'s White House?

All answers: "NO!" In those cases, "black" and "white" all reference
actual colors of physical things, not a metaphorical value judgment.

It's a very non-slippery non-slope.

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 20200721 10:34:13, Grant Taylor wrote:
> [...]
> have been in the past, thus dooming us to repeat it in the future.
>
> For better or worse, we are at an inflection point in society where society as a
> whole is deliberating the meaning and / or use of the terms "white" and "black".
>
> "gay" had a significantly different meaning 100 years ago than it does today.
> Language, much like society grows, changes, and evolves.
>
> I think that it is generally a good thing to use the current accepted words when
> creating new things.  But creating new is decidedly different than retroactively
> changing things that exist today.  That being said, I think that the majority of
> people would agree that we have not yet crossed the tipping point for "white"
> and "black".
>
> Even if the meaning changed overnight — something that I think is unlikely to
> happen — there will be years of cohabitation of the old meaning and the new

I hear that the old RMA resistor color code is under attack as it is
exceptionally discriminatory. As you may or may not know black is the lowest
value 0, brown is only 1, Red is 2. This must insult the blacks as being the
lowest of the low. Mexicans must be screaming about being below American
Indians. And even the Asians at 4 have a cause to claim discrimination because
white is all the way up past twice the Asian value at (GASP) 9. The lordly
whites obviously designed the RMA color code, published as EIA RS-279, to put
all the other races down. So it MUST be abolished. Scrap all your color coded
resistors. They are racist reminders of oppression!

{O.O}
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> For better or worse, we are at an inflection point in society where
> society as a whole is deliberating the meaning and / or use of the terms
> "white" and "black".

I do strongly wonder whether this is "society" or only "people in the USA".
It should be noted that historically bkacks were enslaved just as little or
much as any other race in other countries, and I don't see those contries
bending over to appease blacks because the Romans and Greeks would enslave
them (as well as anyone else).

You note that "gay" has a different meaning today. As far as I know, the
words "black" and "white" were not systematically used to refer to skin
colors before about 1963, when a movement was set afoot in the USA to
replace "negro" with "black" and "caucasian" with "white".

Yes, reference was made to skin colors before, and the English "negro" is
obviously the same word as the Spanish "negro", but in that case, it is
merely the name of a color. So the USA in the 1960s made the decision to
take a word from a non-Latin root and apply that color as a substitute for a
Latin word that denoted a race.

It therefore bothers me somewhat that we are now using this post-1963
renaming to condem terms like "blacklist" and "blackball" that have existed
for over 2000 years, and "black sheep", which has doubtless existed in
Egyptian for another 6000 years before that, as being racist and somehow
denegrating African Americans specifically.
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 7/21/2020 9:25 PM, Loren Wilton wrote:
> I do strongly wonder whether this is "society" or only "people in the
> USA".
One data point disproves that.? The SA project made the choice months
ago inspired by a decision in the United Kingdom:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/uk-ncsc-to-stop-using-whitelist-and-blacklist-due-to-racial-stereotyping/

--
Kevin A. McGrail
KMcGrail@Apache.org

Member, Apache Software Foundation
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> On Jul 21, 2020, at 9:25 PM, Loren Wilton <lwilton@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> For better or worse, we are at an inflection point in society where society as a whole is deliberating the meaning and / or use of the terms "white" and "black".
>
> I do strongly wonder whether this is "society" or only "people in the USA". It should be noted that historically bkacks were enslaved just as little or much as any other race in other countries, and I don't see those contries bending over to appease blacks because the Romans and Greeks would enslave them (as well as anyone else).
>
> You note that "gay" has a different meaning today. As far as I know, the words "black" and "white" were not systematically used to refer to skin colors before about 1963, when a movement was set afoot in the USA to replace "negro" with "black" and "caucasian" with "white".
>
> Yes, reference was made to skin colors before, and the English "negro" is obviously the same word as the Spanish "negro", but in that case, it is merely the name of a color. So the USA in the 1960s made the decision to take a word from a non-Latin root and apply that color as a substitute for a Latin word that denoted a race.
>
> It therefore bothers me somewhat that we are now using this post-1963 renaming to condem terms like "blacklist" and "blackball" that have existed for over 2000 years, and "black sheep", which has doubtless existed in Egyptian for another 6000 years before that, as being racist and somehow denegrating African Americans specifically.

Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.

You are a loud, pedantic, solipsistic minority that is just unwilling to either a) accept this change and move on b) switch to software that doesn’t upend your tiny little worldview c) fork it and take this discussion to your fork’s technical list.

Please, there must be somewhere else you can discuss this issue. There’s only like 4 of you, you can do this with a cc: list.
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 7/21/20 7:52 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> One data point disproves that. The SA project made the choice
> months ago inspired by a decision in the United Kingdom:
> https://www.zdnet.com/article/uk-ncsc-to-stop-using-whitelist-and-blacklist-due-to-racial-stereotyping/

I'm okay if a group of people forms a consensus and collectively decides
to make a change. I think there are merits to how the change is made.

It doesn't matter what my personal opinion is of the change. If that's
what the community wants to do, then that's what's going to eventually
happen.

Many smokers in my home town didn't like the smoking ban. But it was
decided by a town vote and it became obvious that the majority of the
people wanted the smoking ban.

I'm okay and won't object as long as people are truthful in why they are
doing something.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
We're not the ones melting because someone said, "blacklist," its people
like you.

Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> On Jul 21, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Eric Broch <ebroch@whitehorsetc.com> wrote:
>
> We're not the ones melting because someone said, "blacklist," its people like you.

>>> I do strongly wonder whether this is "society" or only "people in the USA". It should be noted that historically bkacks were enslaved just as little or much as any other race in other countries, and I don't see those contries bending over to appease blacks because the Romans and Greeks would enslave them (as well as anyone else).
>>>
>>> You note that "gay" has a different meaning today. As far as I know, the words "black" and "white" were not systematically used to refer to skin colors before about 1963, when a movement was set afoot in the USA to replace "negro" with "black" and "caucasian" with "white".
>>>
>>> Yes, reference was made to skin colors before, and the English "negro" is obviously the same word as the Spanish "negro", but in that case, it is merely the name of a color. So the USA in the 1960s made the decision to take a word from a non-Latin root and apply that color as a substitute for a Latin word that denoted a race.
>>>
>>> It therefore bothers me somewhat that we are now using this post-1963 renaming to condem terms like "blacklist" and "blackball" that have existed for over 2000 years, and "black sheep", which has doubtless existed in Egyptian for another 6000 years before that, as being racist and somehow denegrating African Americans specifically.
>> Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.
>>
>> You are a loud, pedantic, solipsistic minority that is just unwilling to either a) accept this change and move on b) switch to software that doesn’t upend your tiny little worldview c) fork it and take this discussion to your fork’s technical list.
>>
>> Please, there must be somewhere else you can discuss this issue. There’s only like 4 of you, you can do this with a cc: list.

And top-posting too - solipsists can’t help it.
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
It's only the closed minded that limit language.

RE: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> I hear that the old RMA resistor color code is under attack as it is
exceptionally discriminatory.
> As you may or may not know black is the lowest value 0, brown is only
1, Red is 2. This

:D
RE: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> There’s only like 4 of you, you can do this with a cc: list.

4? If you don't get your facts straight, there is little to no value to
other things you write.
RE: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
>> Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.

The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins English Dictionary's
2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of
the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking
offence than previous generations".

Do you get that it is the other way around? You are using this term
incorrectly?
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 22/07/2020 12:48, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.
>
> You are a loud, pedantic, solipsistic minority that is just unwilling to either a) accept this change and move on b) switch to software that doesn't upend your tiny little worldview c) fork it and take this discussion to your fork's technical list.
>
> Please, there must be somewhere else you can discuss this issue. There's only like 4 of you, you can do this with a cc: list.

The only snowflakes around here are Kevin and his couple of merry
doogooders, if you dont like democracy at work (ppl having their say) ,
then you fuck off
RE: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> I really don't get why anyone would be offended by blacklistd and
whitelist
> given neither have any sort of connection to race or skin color.

That is because you have a proper logically functioning brain. Which
makes you
even part of a minority group. Hence you can look forward to people
looking
after you that are the likes of 'are offended by blacklist'
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
RESENT - list didnt obviously like my original so here is a slightly
more sanatised version

On 22/07/2020 12:48, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.
>
> You are a loud, pedantic, solipsistic minority that is just unwilling to either a) accept this change and move on b) switch to software that doesn't upend your tiny little worldview c) fork it and take this discussion to your fork's technical list.
>
> Please, there must be somewhere else you can discuss this issue. There's only like 4 of you, you can do this with a cc: list.

The only snowflakes around here are Kevin and his couple of merry
doogooders, if you dont like democracy at work (ppl having their say) ,
then thats your problem
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> On Jul 22, 2020, at 3:28 AM, Marc Roos <M.Roos@f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:
>

>>> Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.
>
> The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins English Dictionary's
> 2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of
> the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking
> offence than previous generations".
>
> Do you get that it is the other way around? You are using this term
> incorrectly?

No, I think it describes you lot perfectly.

Rather than tolerate the tiniest of changes you throw a tantrum.

You could have just packed up and left, used other software that didn’t offend your gentle sensitivities, forked SA, or (IMO, the best option) just shut the f*ck up, but… no, you’d like the whole world to adjust to your narrow views (which all center around your experiences of the world, which of course are the only valid ones, right?). So yes, you’re a bunch of snowflakes.

I’m going to follow that other dude’s lead and start donating to Portland bail funds in your names each time you post. :)
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On 20200722 00:28:22, Marc Roos wrote:

>>> Oh my god, you snowflakes, please just get over yourselves.
>
> The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins English Dictionary's
> 2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of
> the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking
> offence than previous generations".
>
> Do you get that it is the other way around? You are using this term
> incorrectly?

Seems to me the snowflakes took offense to an imaginary manufactured "problem".
The rest of us are taking offense at the snowflakes being so fragile and
demanding. And do remember to discard any devices that might have an RMA color
coded part inside.

{^_^}
RE: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
> I’m going to follow that other dude’s lead and start donating to
> Portland bail funds in your names each time you post. :)

Do know that is identity theft and a crime. Please post proof of your
action on this list.
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
July 22, 2020 11:16 AM, "Charles Sprickman" <spork@bway.net> wrote:

> you’d like the
> whole world to adjust to your narrow views (which all center around your experiences of the world,
> which of course are the only valid ones, right?). So yes, you’re a bunch of snowflakes.

This is a perfect explanation for this whole thing. People of US, with their extremely racists backgrounds, thinking it's racist or not while being limited to their experiences of the world...

Like Laura questioned, nobody in non-english speaking countries care about that as much as you guys since when most look at the word Black, all they see is the color Black...

July 22, 2020 10:39 AM, "Noel Butler" <noel.butler@ausics.net> wrote:
> if you dont like democracy at work (ppl having their say) , then you fuck off

Both of you are acting like children. Well done.
???????Nice language BTW.

--
M. Omer GOLGELI
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
July 22, 2020 11:46 AM, "M. Omer GOLGELI" <omer@chronos.com.tr> wrote:

> Like Laura questioned,

Oops!
/Laura/Loren/ my bad...

--
M. Omer GOLGELI
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 18:25 -0700, Loren Wilton wrote:
> I do strongly wonder whether this is "society" or only "people in the
> USA". It should be noted that historically bkacks were enslaved just
> as little or much as any other race in other countries, and I don't
> see those contries bending over to appease blacks because the Romans
> and Greeks would enslave them (as well as anyone else).

From my POV (I'm from NZ, resident in the UK) I think the racial use of
'black' in everyday speech is pretty much limited to the USA and South
Africa.

When I was resident in NZ we always referred to the major resident
groups as pakeha (the Maori word for white-skins), Maori (or possibly a
person's tribe if you know it and are on a marae) and everybody else by
ancestral nationality: e.g. there is a fair size Chinese population
dating largely from the Gold Rush.

Britain is much the same as NZ apart from distinguishing between
English, Northern Irish, Scots and Welsh and using the generic
'Caribbean' rather than the specific - Jamaican, Barbadian, etc. which
is to opposite to people from Africa: calling anybody an 'African' is
rare: specific nationalities are almost invariably used just as they are
for the rest of the world. The main generic term yo hear for non-
europeans is 'people of colour', which still seems rather long and
stilted to me.

'Russian', Soviet' or (not so much) 'Communist' used to be generics for
residents of the USSR, but now those terms have vanished and been
replaced by the use of specific nationalities. I don't think there are
more than a handful of genuine communists left anywhere in what used to
be the Soviet Union.

In general the so-called hard right here would appear to align more with
the Democrats in the USA, so to me a recent comment describing Obama as
a hard-left radical seems ridiculous: he's no more a leftie than former
UK Prime Ministers Tony Blair (Labour), David Cameron (Conservative) or
Jacinda Ardern (NZ Prime Minister) are.

Martin
Re: Why the new changes need to be "depricated" forever [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 4:25 AM jdow <jdow@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins English Dictionary's
> > 2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of
> > the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking
> > offence than previous generations".
> >
> > Do you get that it is the other way around? You are using this term
> > incorrectly?
> >
> Seems to me the snowflakes took offense to an imaginary manufactured "problem".

Actually their outrage is a classic example of First World
Problem. How dare people from other parts of the world worry about
genocide, civil war, famine, slavery, and terrorism instead of being
car-burning outraged about the use of the word "blacklist"?

> The rest of us are taking offense at the snowflakes being so fragile and
> demanding. And do remember to discard any devices that might have an RMA color
> coded part inside.
>
> {^_^}

1 2 3  View All