Mailing List Archive

Wildcarded lookups on SURBL
Hi!

Since a long time (and i know there has been discussion about it in the
past) both SURBL and DBL offer their datalist as a wildcarded list.

Yet spamassassin still is stripping down the lookups to the base level and
doing the ookups for that. Unless its inside the 2tld and 3tld additions.

The comunity would really benefit a lot more if there would be a version
that looked up with the wildcards.

Spammers move to services they can easilly abuse.

A good example right now is them using page[.]link

SURBL is listing many abused subdomains there. While SA doesnt make use of
that. While its not on the 2/3tld additions.

This works for many many domains and the list is simply too big to put all
inside 2/3tld files. While its also changing daily.

Is there no way of changing the way these lookups are done for SURBL (and
likely DBL either) this would really improove the system a lot i think.

We list new abused subdomains daily and there shiuld be no interaction on
that with the users of the data IMHO.

How could we get something like this into action? File a bug?

Thanks! Raymond Dijkxhoorn - SURBL