chimpmail. How can a person block these?

Thank you.

Daryl
RE: How to block chimpmail emails? [ In reply to ]
Can you post the message header?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Rose [mailto:rosede12@gmail.com]
Sent: 11 March 2020 00:15
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: How to block chimpmail emails?

I receive several marking emails from chimpmail. I've tried adding the
from email address to the blackfrom_list, but that does not block

Re: How to block chimpmail emails? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 18:15:01 -0500
Daryl Rose wrote:

> I receive several marking emails from chimpmail.

If you mean mailchimp, then unsubscribing should work.

> I've tried adding the from email address to the blackfrom_list,

That should be blacklist_from

> but that does not block chimpmail.

Why doesn't it work? If you don't know why, give us enough information
to tell you why or reproduce the problem.
Re: How to block chimpmail emails? [ In reply to ]
On 2020-03-11 00:15, Daryl Rose wrote:
> I receive several marking emails from chimpmail. I've tried adding the
> from email address to the blackfrom_list, but that does not block
> chimpmail. How can a person block these?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Daryl

header XMAILER_MAILCHIMP =~ /^MailChimp Mailer/

or an exists rule checking for X-MC-User
RE: How to block chimpmail emails? [ In reply to ]
What you can do is put in your sendmail access

connect:mailchimp.com ERROR "SPAM"

This refuses any connection of ip addresses with a reverse lookup having
*.mailchimp.com

Re: How to block chimpmail emails? [ In reply to ]
I'm a week late, but mailchimp sends from these domains:

mcsv.net

mcdlv.net

rsgsv.net

Otherwise, same advice as below, with those domains.

--
Joseph Brennan
Lead, Email and Systems Applications