Feb 12 10:23:37.065 [1452] dbg: config: warning: no description set
for KAM_RPTR_FAILED
Feb 12 10:23:39.113 [1452] dbg: rules: CBJ_GiveMeABreak merged
duplicates: KAM_IFRAME KAM_RAPTOR_ALTERED KAM_RPTR_FAILED
KAM_RPTR_PASSED KAM_RPTR_SUSPECT

--
rickygm

http://gnuforever.homelinux.com
Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
Those are warnings to be expected as we develop the rules for our internal
use but share them free to the world. We encapsulate some rules only
useful in our environment and it can cause some noise if you look at debug
warnings.
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation

Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2020-02-12 23:28:
> Those are warnings to be expected as we develop the rules for our
> internal use but share them free to the world. We encapsulate some
> rules only useful in our environment and it can cause some noise if
> you look at debug warnings.

i got back to ask why is rules not in corpus testting on apache.org :/(

if rules are good it could be added to core sa rules imho
Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
Because we don't like the system for maintaining and publishing rules
especially the delay due to masscheck/ruleqa.

Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2020-02-13 01:44:
> Because we don't like the system for maintaining and publishing rules
> especially the delay due to masscheck/ruleqa.

so mascheeck/ruleqa is slow ?

then is ask now is you self make masscheck/ruleqa on own rules ?

i can understand you dont like to publish internal rules, but is this
rules not masschecked and verified working ?

hmm :)
Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
I publish every rule we use and donate it to the world. We have plans to
switch it to a channel but no plans otherwise. Feel free to ask me in 2021
as the answer is no for 2020.

Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
El mié., 12 feb. 2020 a las 16:28, Kevin A. McGrail
(<kmcgrail@apache.org>) escribió:

> Those are warnings to be expected as we develop the rules for our internal use but share them free to the world. We encapsulate some rules only useful in our environment and it can cause some noise if you look at debug warnings.
> --

I send you this data, since I have a cron that downloads the file
every three days, and if I make the modification it will be
overwritten.

Re: some warnings KAM.cf [ In reply to ]
Understood but the warnings can only be handled if we fork the development
for internal and external. We have no plans to expend resources to do that
so recommend you ignore the warnings. In fact, if you are seeing them in
cron, you can safely take the debug out of your cron job and the warnings
go away. Just run a --lint which will be silent without errors. NOTE: We
don't publish it it fails lint so you really don't have to do that either
but since you could be using a different version of SA or a plugin / if
version error might creep up so good to lint.