Mailing List Archive

Where does this come from - CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART
I use some homeboy scripting to generate a list of what rules were
hit and what scores they got so I can adjust my home scores and rules

They come out in the headers under X-spama-scores:
like so:

[...]
D:DO_IT_TODAY:0.774
D:HTML_60_70:0.359
D:HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_06:1.531
D:HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE:0.100
D:HTML_MESSAGE:0.160
D:HTML_TABLE_THICK_BORD:0.580
D:MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART:0.942
D:MIME_QP_LONG_LINE:0.242 T:4.788

My scripting just grabs the rules spama already inserts and goes and
gets the scores from the stock files and then from my home files.

I keep seeing this one: CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART in spamassassins list
under header X-Spam-Status:

MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART,MIME_QP_LONG_LINE autolearn=no version=2.63

Its not one of mine and its not in the package stock files of 2.63
either.
ls /usr/share/spamassasin
10_misc.cf 20_porn.cf 30_text_fr.cf
20_anti_ratware.cf 20_ratware.cf 30_text_it.cf
20_body_tests.cf 20_uri_tests.cf 30_text_pl.cf
20_compensate.cf 23_bayes.cf 30_text_sk.cf
20_dnsbl_tests.cf 25_body_tests_es.cf 50_scores.cf
20_fake_helo_tests.cf 25_body_tests_pl.cf 60_whitelist.cf
20_head_tests.cf 25_head_tests_es.cf languages
20_html_tests.cf 25_head_tests_pl.cf triplets.txt
20_meta_tests.cf 30_text_de.cf user_prefs.template
20_phrases.cf 30_text_es.cf

grep -l CONTENT /usr/share/spamassassin/*
<nada>

So where does it come from?
Re: Where does this come from - CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART [ In reply to ]
At 05:12 PM 2/3/2004, Harry Putnam wrote:
>grep -l CONTENT /usr/share/spamassassin/*
><nada>
>
>So where does it come from?

did you try the other directories that rules are parsed from? It looks like
it's a custom rule that someone, somewhere is using.

grep CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART /etc/mail/spamassassin/*

grep CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

I checked my SA archive, which covers 20 versions of SA from sa 1.5 to sa
2.63, plus a 2.70 cvs snapshot from 12/9/2004. It's never been a part of
the standard ruleset.
Re: Where does this come from - CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART [ In reply to ]
Matt Kettler <mkettler@evi-inc.com> writes:

> At 05:12 PM 2/3/2004, Harry Putnam wrote:
>>grep -l CONTENT /usr/share/spamassassin/*
>><nada>
>>
>>So where does it come from?
>
> did you try the other directories that rules are parsed from? It looks
> like it's a custom rule that someone, somewhere is using.

Do you just mean ~/user or are there others. I ask because this is
my home machine, I'm the only user. I installed from several rpms
and using the rpm commands to display files I see only
/usr/share/spamassassin as the recipient of those kind fo files.
(Other than /etc/mail/spamassassin)

The manual pages for spamd, Mail::SpamAssassin etc seem to be saying
that stuff should be there. I didn't notice mention of other
locations.

rpm -qa|grep -i spam ... gives me:

perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63-1
spamassassin-2.63-1
spamassassin-tools-2.63-1

/usr/share/doc/spam* is another but no *.cf files there.

My own user_prefs is blank.
This is a little puzzling.

I have had various versions of spamassassin. Some build yourself
and some from pkgs. I thought maybe something was still straggling
around in /usr/local but no...

So this isn't coming from something internal?
Re: Where does this come from - CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART [ In reply to ]
At 07:40 PM 2/3/2004, Harry Putnam wrote:
>Do you just mean ~/user or are there others. I ask because this is
>my home machine, I'm the only user. I installed from several rpms
>and using the rpm commands to display files I see only
>/usr/share/spamassassin as the recipient of those kind fo files.
>(Other than /etc/mail/spamassassin)
>
>The manual pages for spamd, Mail::SpamAssassin etc seem to be saying
>that stuff should be there. I didn't notice mention of other
>locations.

There are 3 file locations used:

/usr/share/spamassassin
/etc/mail/spamassassin

and a SINGLE FILE
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.

I was asking if you'd checked all three sources of input. Your original
email only mentioned grepping /usr/share/spamassassin.

>I have had various versions of spamassassin. Some build yourself
>and some from pkgs. I thought maybe something was still straggling
>around in /usr/local but no...
>
>So this isn't coming from something internal?

It's certainly nothing that's ever been in any released build of SA. At
least, none newer than 1.5
Re: Where does this come from - CONTENT_TYPE_MULTIPART [ In reply to ]
Matt Kettler <mkettler@evi-inc.com> writes:

>>So this isn't coming from something internal?
>
> It's certainly nothing that's ever been in any released build of
> SA. At least, none newer than 1.5

Ok, thanks. I think it was some sort of moved filehandle thing going
on or maybe a failure to restart after moving stuff around.

I had local.cf up in vim while running tests in a sandbox with
procmail. I deleted all but the essentials in /etc/mail/spamassassin,
leaving only my scripts and local.cf. Where there had been several *~
and tmp files. The pesky CONTENT* entry quit showing up then.

I'm sure it wasn't anthing all that exotic. Most likely operator
bumbling I guess.