Mailing List Archive

Please no subject prefix Re: Subject prefix on the new list
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Matthew Trent wrote:

> Can we get a nice subject prefix like on the old list? It makes it much easier
> to sort through my inbox when [SA-Talk] is right in the subject. Thanks.

Just to chime in the opposite:

I was SO happy to see the subject prefix gone, now I'm worried to see people
asking for it again.

There are many things in the headers to filter on, rather than wasting the
first N characters of every Subject:

IE, here is the procmail rule I am using:

:0
SA

If youre mail program can't filter on arbitrary headers -- than I suggest
looking for a better mail program.

http://www.westnet.com/