that shows up at the last minute.

Regards,

Sidney
Re: Next steps for RC4 [ In reply to ]
Thanks Sidney.  Yeah, that second bug is definitely a release blocker if
shortcircuiting isn't working.  But yes, we have 4.0 svn trunk in
production and other than shortcircuiting which we don't use, it's
wonderful!

--
Kevin A. McGrail
KMcGrail@Apache.org

Member, Apache Software Foundation
Re: Next steps for RC4 [ In reply to ]
On 2022-12-02 at 20:03:58 UTC-0500 (Sat, 3 Dec 2022 14:03:58 +1300)
Sidney Markowitz <sidney@sidney.com>
is rumored to have said:

> The remaining open bugs targeted for 4.0.0 are 8077 and 8078.
>
> 8077 has the votes, ready for Giovanni to commit and close the issue.
>
> 8078 is a blocker for 4.0.0 and is pending Henrik getting time to
> spend on investigation. So that is more open-ended.
>
> I am ready to build an RC4 as soon as the open issues are cleared, and
> I would like to move very quickly from RC4 to full release with
> minimal further testing other than the full build and regression
> testing.
>
> To that end I propose that we only target any new issues for 4.0.0 if
> they can be closed very safely and quickly, and if there is reason not
> to put them off to a future 4.0.1 release. The goal will be to really
> be finished with 4.0.0 after 8078 is finally done.

Agreed.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire