Mailing List Archive

Re: svn commit: r1900942 - in /spamassassin/trunk: MANIFEST UPGRADE lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Esp.pm rules/v400.pre t/data/spam/esp/ t/esp.t
Esp.pm was never in 3.4, so kind of redundant note.

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 07:46:48AM -0000, gbechis@apache.org wrote:
> Note for Users Upgrading to SpamAssassin 4.0.0
>
> +- Esp plugin has been removed.
> +
> - All rules, functions, command line options and modules that contain
> "whitelist" or "blacklist" have been renamed to contain more racially
> neutral "welcomelist" and "blocklist" terms. Old names will continue work
Re: svn commit: r1900942 - in /spamassassin/trunk: MANIFEST UPGRADE lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Esp.pm rules/v400.pre t/data/spam/esp/ t/esp.t [ In reply to ]
This was mostly for people updating from an old 4.0 checkout.
Giovanni

On 5/16/22 10:12, Henrik K wrote:

> Esp.pm was never in 3.4, so kind of redundant note.
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 07:46:48AM -0000, gbechis@apache.org wrote:
>> Note for Users Upgrading to SpamAssassin 4.0.0
>>
>> +- Esp plugin has been removed.
>> +
>> - All rules, functions, command line options and modules that contain
>> "whitelist" or "blacklist" have been renamed to contain more racially
>> neutral "welcomelist" and "blocklist" terms. Old names will continue work
Re: svn commit: r1900942 - in /spamassassin/trunk: MANIFEST UPGRADE lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Esp.pm rules/v400.pre t/data/spam/esp/ t/esp.t [ In reply to ]
Do they read even the UPGRADE (I wouldn't), and actually notice what was
added or removed? But sure, it does no harm aside from possible confusion
for all the 3.4 people.

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 10:22:08AM +0200, giovanni@paclan.it wrote:
> This was mostly for people updating from an old 4.0 checkout.
> Giovanni
>
> On 5/16/22 10:12, Henrik K wrote:
> >
> > Esp.pm was never in 3.4, so kind of redundant note.
> >
> > On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 07:46:48AM -0000, gbechis@apache.org wrote:
> >> Note for Users Upgrading to SpamAssassin 4.0.0
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> +- Esp plugin has been removed.
> >> +
> >> - All rules, functions, command line options and modules that contain
> >> "whitelist" or "blacklist" have been renamed to contain more racially
> >> neutral "welcomelist" and "blocklist" terms. Old names will continue work

Re: svn commit: r1900942 - in /spamassassin/trunk: MANIFEST UPGRADE lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Esp.pm rules/v400.pre t/data/spam/esp/ t/esp.t [ In reply to ]
As a side note and reminder for everyone, "make install" does not remove
disappeared files like Esp.pm for old users. They stay in system perl lib
directory. And as v400.pre is not overridden also, the plugin keeps
working.

Debian experimental packages might clean up old files, dunno.