Mailing List Archive

sa-channel or kam-channel
does not --lint currently
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> does not --lint currently

All of my pre-commit lint tests pass, base tests (for the stuff I have
installed) pass. Base SA looks OK. Don't have KAM's stuff so I can't test
that.

Reporting the actual error is helpful.

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
Je ne suis pas Charlie. Je suis arm?.
Tomorrow: the 6th anniversary of the Charlie Hebdo massacre
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
On 2021-01-07 01:06, John Hardin wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>
>> does not --lint currently
>
> All of my pre-commit lint tests pass, base tests (for the stuff I have
> installed) pass. Base SA looks OK. Don't have KAM's stuff so I can't
> test that.
>
> Reporting the actual error is helpful.

rules: error: unknown eval 'check_whitelist_bounce_relays' for
__MY_SERVERS_FOUND

i have vbounce plugin disabled if that matters
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
On 1/6/2021 7:11 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> On 2021-01-07 01:06, John Hardin wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>>
>>> does not --lint currently
>>
>> All of my pre-commit lint tests pass, base tests (for the stuff I have
>> installed) pass. Base SA looks OK. Don't have KAM's stuff so I can't
>> test that.
>>
>> Reporting the actual error is helpful.
>
> rules: error: unknown eval 'check_whitelist_bounce_relays' for
> __MY_SERVERS_FOUND
>
> i have vbounce plugin disabled if that matters

We use an automated process for the publishing of the KAM channel which
includes linting it several times.

KAM Channel, I believe disables __MY_SERVERS_FOUND so if you have that
and stock, the issue is hidden, but yes, vbounce would cause this issue.

I found a similar endif parsing issue in the file and much of the file
needs to be ifplugin checked and wasn't.

svn commit -m 'Added better plugin check for vbounce and vbounce ruleset'
Sending        rules/20_vbounce.cf
Transmitting file data .done
Committing transaction...
Committed revision 1885222.
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
On 2021-01-07 03:28, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> We use an automated process for the publishing of the KAM channel
> which includes linting it several times.

the automatic does fail if all plugins is default enabled under test :=)

> KAM Channel, I believe disables __MY_SERVERS_FOUND so if you have that
> and stock, the issue is hidden, but yes, vbounce would cause this
> issue.

your commit still not resolve it

> I found a similar endif parsing issue in the file and much of the file
> needs to be ifplugin checked and wasn't.

time to make kam rules on sa-channel so atleast it lints

> svn commit -m 'Added better plugin check for vbounce and vbounce
> ruleset'
> Sending        rules/20_vbounce.cf
> Transmitting file data .done
> Committing transaction...
> Committed revision 1885222.

one more time please
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
Good morning Benny, the lints are done against a stock install with all the
default modules. I agree it was an oversight that the v-bounce rules did
not lint. There were both new and long-standing issues mixed in there as
far as I could tell.

I've already committed a change for it and tested it. Now it has to go
through the process for rule promotion and it will be published.

So over the next few days you can try sa-update and the linting issue
should be fixed. You can also manually download the bounce file from that
commit and put it in your installed rules directory typically in /var/lib.

Also, the KAM ruleset is available as a channel. Please see www.mcgrail.com
for more information. There's a news article from November with more
details and instructions on how to use it.

Regards, KAM

Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
hi Benny, The new rule is in sa-update.  Does it work for you and
resolve the issue?

Regards,

KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
KMcGrail@Apache.org

Member, Apache Software Foundation
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
On 2021-01-08 23:34, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> hi Benny, The new rule is in sa-update. Does it work for you and
> resolve the issue?

yes yesterday it failed, today its resolved
Re: sa-channel or kam-channel [ In reply to ]
Great!