Mailing List Archive

Default Value for User Custom Fields
Hi RT Folks,

Am i missing something? I see no option to select a "default value" for
"select one value" type custom fields if they are of lookuptype RT::User?

i tested and if it's RT::Ticket - default appears, but RT::User - that
input field has disappeared?

w.

--

-----------------------

Richard Wood (Woody)
Managing Director
Wild Thing Safaris Ltd.

UK: 2B Habbo St, Greenwich, London
Dar es Salaam: 5 Ethan St, Mbezi beach
Arusha: 3 Ebeneezer Rd, Njiro
PO BOX 34514 DSM
Office: +255 (0) 222 617 166
Office Mobile: +255 (0) 773 503 502
Direct: +255 742 373 327
Skype: woody1tz
http://wildthingsafaris.com

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR Training Sessions https://bestpractical.com/training
* Paris - April 24-26, 2017
Re: Default Value for User Custom Fields [ In reply to ]
What version of RT are you using?

-m

---------
Re: Default Value for User Custom Fields [ In reply to ]
sorry, 4.4.0

--

-----------------------

Re: Default Value for User Custom Fields [ In reply to ]
I added "Users" to line 2016 in CustomField.pm

return 0 unless $self->LookupType =~
/RT::(?:Ticket|Transaction|User)$/;

and it seems to behave as expected. But RT::Users must have been left
out for a reason?

w.

--

-----------------------

Re: Default Value for User Custom Fields [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Woody - Wild Thing Safaris
<woody@wildthingsafaris.com> wrote:
> I added "Users" to line 2016 in CustomField.pm
>
> return 0 unless $self->LookupType =~ /RT::(?:Ticket|Transaction|User)$/;
>
> and it seems to behave as expected. But RT::Users must have been left out
> for a reason?

Possibly not.

Here is the commit in which the code was initially committed:

0bb6abb2f4641896d3a77ccca5bb0c3cdc699026

And here is a commit where BP adds Assets to the list of CFs that can
have defaults:

5d851b77f275252578ce29c21a652c88a6663ab6

So I am guessing that it was just an oversight that Users and Queues
aren't in the list of CFs that can have default values.

BP, any commentary on this?

Thanks,

-m
---------