Peter Nikolaidis, CISSP, GCFE, GCIH, GPPA, GSNA
http://ParadigmCC.com
Ph: 617.517.2940
Re: Use lifecycle to set status and invoke Dates page? [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 7:59 PM, Peter Nikolaidis <petern@paradigmcc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have a lifecycle action called "schedule," which would set the
> ticket's status to "scheduled" and take the user to the ticket's Dates page
> so they could set a due date. It's this possible?

Just for clarity, the action isn't necessarily lifecycle related - it
certainly could be, though. Statuses are a component of lifecyles,
though.

You can tweak the Actions menu to your desires. We do all sorts of
modifications. There are Menu callbacks to inject your local tweaks
into the Actions menu.

-m
Re: Use lifecycle to set status and invoke Dates page? [ In reply to ]
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. What woudl be the callback/action to take someone to
the Dates page for a ticket?

Thanks again,

Peter

--
Peter Nikolaidis
CISSP
Re: Use lifecycle to set status and invoke Dates page? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Peter Nikolaidis <petern@paradigmcc.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the reply. What woudl be the callback/action to take someone to
> the Dates page for a ticket?

Have you used callbacks before? I ask because, while extremely useful,
they also have a learning curve. It helps to know where you are on the
curve.

And the official docs...

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/writing_extensions.html#Callbacks
https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/writing_extensions.html#Adding-and-Modifying-Menus