Mailing List Archive

Main navigation invisible when custom theme created
Hi,

I've been looking into designing a new RT theme and followed the
documentation below:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/customizing/styling_rt.html#Designing-Your-Own-Theme

However when I restart RT and login none of the top navigation menus
appear, this is down to the correct css classes not being applied to the
unordered list element id=app-nav
it should look as follows:

<ul id="app-nav" class="toplevel sf-menu sf-js-enabled sf-shadow">

Where the new theme looks like this:

<ul id="app-nav" class="toplevel">

If I fix this using firebug the menus work fine.

I'm guessing that the class list is being manipulated using java script,
but I am currently unable to work out where this takes place.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much
appreciated.

Best Regards

--
Martin Wheldon
Greenhills IT Ltd.

Greenhills IT Ltd. is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Company Registration No: 06387214
Registered Offices: 2 Greenhills, Claxton, YORK, North Yorkshire, YO60
7SA
Re: Main navigation invisible when custom theme created [ In reply to ]
Hi,

OK I've finally worked it out, to get the menus to work you need to do
the following:

$ mkdir -p local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle
$ cp -R share/html/NoAuth/css/rudder/*
local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle/

The AfterMenus component contains the jQuery that adds the relevant
classes.

I'd be happy to update the docs and provide a pull request if anyone
thinks that would be of value?

Sorry about the noise

Martin

Re: Main navigation invisible when custom theme created [ In reply to ]
On 2/4/17 8:40 AM, Martin Wheldon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OK I've finally worked it out, to get the menus to work you need to do
> the following:
>
> $ mkdir -p local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle
> $ cp -R share/html/NoAuth/css/rudder/*
> local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle/
>
> The AfterMenus component contains the jQuery that adds the relevant
> classes.
>
> I'd be happy to update the docs and provide a pull request if anyone
> thinks that would be of value?

Hi Martin,

The bit above is noted in the last section of those docs, but if you run
across other things that would help the docs, please do send them along.
We'd love to see more themes available for RT, either on CPAN or elsewhere.

Jim

Re: Main navigation invisible when custom theme created [ In reply to ]
On 2017-02-06 14:20, Jim Brandt wrote:
> On 2/4/17 8:40 AM, Martin Wheldon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> OK I've finally worked it out, to get the menus to work you need to do
>> the following:
>>
>> $ mkdir -p local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle
>> $ cp -R share/html/NoAuth/css/rudder/*
>> local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle/
>>
>> The AfterMenus component contains the jQuery that adds the relevant
>> classes.
>>
>> I'd be happy to update the docs and provide a pull request if anyone
>> thinks that would be of value?
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> The bit above is noted in the last section of those docs, but if you
> run across other things that would help the docs, please do send them
> along. We'd love to see more themes available for RT, either on CPAN
> or elsewhere.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Are you referring to the the shell commands just below paragraph 2 here?

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/customizing/styling_rt.html#Designing-Your-Own-Theme

$ mkdir -p local/static/css/localstyle
$ cp -R share/static/css/rudder/* local/static/css/localstyle/

If so then then this is also required to get the menus to display:

>> $ mkdir -p local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle
>> $ cp -R share/html/NoAuth/css/rudder/*
>> local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle/

If not then I'm not not sure where you mean.

Best Regards

Martin

Re: Main navigation invisible when custom theme created [ In reply to ]
> Hi Jim,
>
> Are you referring to the the shell commands just below paragraph 2 here?
>

> https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/customizing/styling_rt.html#Designing-Your-Own-Theme
>

> $ mkdir -p local/static/css/localstyle
> $ cp -R share/static/css/rudder/* local/static/css/localstyle/
>
> If so then then this is also required to get the menus to display:
>
>>> $ mkdir -p local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle
>>> $ cp -R share/html/NoAuth/css/rudder/*
>>> local/html/NoAuth/css/localstyle/
>
> If not then I'm not not sure where you mean.

Ah, right you are. I thought we had fixed that based on a list
discussion a while back, but it's been sitting on a ticket waiting:

https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=31800

I've pushed an update so it should be included in the next releases.

Jim