Mailing List Archive

[rt-announce] Announcing End Of Life for Request Tracker 4.0 Series
Hello!

Request Tracker 4.0, originally released in April of 2011, will reach end of life on February 15, 2017. After that date, Best Practical will no longer support the 4.0 series or publish new releases with bug fixes, security updates, or new features. We recommend all RT 4.0 users upgrade to a supported version, either 4.2 or 4.4.

Request Tracker for Incident Response 3.0, which ran on RT 4.0, already reached end of life in March 2014. However, if you are still running RT and RTIR with 4.0/3.0, we encourage you to upgrade RT and RTIR to supported versions.

New versions of RT and RTIR come with instructions and tools to upgrade, and upgrade notes for RT 4.2 and RT 4.4. Our website has details about our release policy and a timeline of previous RT releases. We also offer commercial professional services to upgrade older RT instances to the latest releases for you. Contact us if you need help upgrading.

We hope you'll take this opportunity to upgrade and take advantage of some of the new features in our latest releases.

Thanks for using Request Tracker!

-The Best Practical Team
bestpractical.com