Mailing List Archive

[rt-announce] Request Tracker Training, Coming to LA in September!
Come one, come all to Request Tracker Training in beautiful Los Angeles! We’ll be there September 12-14!

Day one focuses on the usage of RT for non-programmer admins and users. We walk through a common helpdesk config including rights management, workflow construction, notifications and the basics of Lifecycles. Day two begins with server side administration of Request Tracker. We’ll cover deploying and upgrading the software, as well as how to extend it. Day two will also cover basics of RT for Incident Response. And, of course, we’ll be highlighting new features in the latest releases, RT 4.4 and RTIR 4, throughout.

Brand new for for this training: a third workshop day! You’ve been asking for it and we’re listening. For our third day BPS engineers will go through the process of creating a new extension for RT live. You’re encouraged to come prepared with ideas so you can follow along to make your own! The engineers will also be prepared to answer questions related to your own instances of RT. They’ll happily cover rights and administration via the web interface, config questions, scrips and template coding and setup, and custom code. If you have questions about the agenda not covered here, please contact us for clarification.

For a wholly comprehensive experience, we highly recommend attending all three days at USD $1,990. If you don’t need the workshop day, a seat is USD $1,495 for the first and second days. If you’ve attended training before, or are highly experienced with RT, you can purchase a seat for just the workshop day, at $495. Please note that the third day will not cover broad areas like the first 2 days. Each day includes class materials, breakfast, and snacks. You can purchase a seat with a credit card at http://bestpractical.com/training#NextTraining"]bestpractical.com/training#NextTraining. If you wish to pay via check or wire transfer, please drop us a note. If you are a support customer, from an academic institution, or wish to send more than 3 people please contact us first for eligible discounts.

If you can’t make LA, we will be in Boston (our hometown!) later in the fall. And, as always, you can tell us where you’d like to see training.

Thank you for supporting RT!