Mailing List Archive

[rt-announce] RT 4.4.1 released
RT 4.4.1 -- 2016-07-20
======================

We're pleased to announce the availability of RT 4.4.1. This release
addresses several bugs in RT 4.4.0 and also adds a few small but important
features.

The list of new features is included below, followed by bugfixes.

https://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.4.1.tar.gz
https://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-4.4.1.tar.gz.asc

SHA1 sums

a3c7aa5398af4f53c947b4bee8c91cecd5beb432 rt-4.4.1.tar.gz
ae0308287bf1c42d2a3fe0a429f4c8715d15599d rt-4.4.1.tar.gz.asc

- Shawn M Moore, for Best Practical

New features

* Administrators and users can now choose to place signatures above
the quoted message in replies (RT_Config setting
"SignatureAboveQuote" and the similarly named user preference). This
also improves the specific spacing between quotes and signatures in
all configurations. (I#31877)

* Users may now choose to suppress dashboard email when all of its
searches have no results. This is controlled by the new "Suppress if
empty" checkbox on the subscription page. (I#30078)

* The Dashboard subscription recipient options have been greatly
expanded from a single text field (which happened to support multiple
email address separated with a comma) to a robust user/group search.

* Users may now select a specific language for each dashboard email
subscription. Administrators can customize the method by which
dashboard email language is chosen (including specifying an ultimate
fallback other than English) with the @EmailDashboardLanguageOrder
RT_Config option.

* The "hide unset fields" preference now also hides unset custom
fields, obsoleting RT::Extension::CustomField::HideEmptyValues.
Additionally there is now a toggle button at the top right of the
ticket display page for quickly toggling whether unset fields are
hidden or shown. (I#31523)

* There is a new SetInitialCustomField right that permits setting
custom field values on records (tickets, assets, articles) while you
are creating them. It does not permit modifying custom field values
of existing records. Users with SetInitialCustomField but without
ShowCustomField will still be able to specify a custom field value
at create time but not see it afterwards. (I#14974)

* Administrators and users can now choose to display queue dropdowns
as an autocomplete field (RT_Config setting "AutocompleteQueues"),
much like is available for Owners. If your RT instance has many
queues this option improves performance and usability. (I#31291)

* New config for hiding time worked, time estimated, and time left
from unprivileged users in the self-service interface (RT_Config
setting "HideTimeWorkedForUnprivilegedUsers"). This also adds a hook
point RT::Ticket::CurrentUserCanSeeTime for further
customization. (I#31302)

* Long attachment lists can now be truncated to show only the X newest
attachments, with an AJAX "Show all" link, (RT_Config setting
"AttachmentListCount"). This should improve the performance and
usability of both ticket display and ticket reply pages.

General user UI
* Eliminate console errors from Preview Scrip Recipients panel when there
are no recipients
* Avoid URL length errors from Preview Scrip Recipients panel when the
messagebox has lots of content (I#31874)
* Include MessageBoxRichText in JavaScript config to fix compatibility
for RT::Extension::QuoteSelection
* Support autocomplete custom fields in bulk update (I#15259)
* Hint to the user that not all CF types are supported by bulk update,
instead of silently excluding them (I#15259)
* Exclude One-Time Cc and One-Time Bcc addresses from
squelching (I#31386)
* Restore behavior of $EditCustomFieldsSingleColumn config (I#18555)
* Improve "reuse existing attachments" UI to match existing
attachments UI (I#31709)
* Improve ticket timer text-overflow styling (I#31713)
* Switch from generating an explicit list of statuses to Status =
'__Active__' and Status = '__Inactive__' throughout the UI, both
improving performance and simplifying TicketSQL queries (I#31695 etc)
* Switch queue search from queue ID to queue name for better usability
* Fix keyboard shortcut ? command in self-service UI (I#31535)
* Support / keyboard shortcut in self-service UI
* Add ticket SLA to display columns for search results (I#31831)
* Modernize UI of Articles display and modify
* Display creator, created, and updated metadata on Articles pages
* Fix searching for people associated with Assets (I#31546)
* Support 4.4 attachment uploader in self-service UI (I#31845)
* Fix bulk update check/clear all checkboxes (I#31667)
* Fix poor rendering of "create [relationship] ticket in [queue]" when
there are no existant links (I#31871)
* Fix a regression with time zones in datetime custom fields (I#31674)
* Ticket timers no longer pause when JavaScript stops running (I#31707)
* Show the "include attachments" label on ticket reply only if there
are attachments to include
* Avoid showing an empty custom fields panel on ticket edit pages when
user can see custom fields but cannot edit them
* Fix new and existing charts that fail to render on dashboards (I#31557)
* Fix certain attachment links containing HTML metacharacters from
double escaping (I#31751)
* Avoid failure to create tickets due to custom role rights (I#32069)
* Avoid SQL errors when using article quicksearch (I#31987)

Command-line
* Add new sbin/rt-search-attributes script for searching for
attributes matching criteria specified as Perl code (I#31294)
* Fix issues around incorrect recipients in rt-crontool invocations
with multiple actions

Database
* Add $MaxFulltextAttachmentSize RT_Config option (default: 0 meaning
no limit) for tuning how very large attachments are included in the
full-text index
* Avoid indexing EmailRecord transactions as they duplicate content
already available in the original Create, Correspond, and Comment
transactions. This improves both indexing time and index size
considerably.
* Avoid creating transactions for, and bumping Last Updated of,
tickets when migrating RT::Extension::SLA custom field values to
the core SLA field (I#31924)
* Add the new RT 4.4 Queue SortOrder column sooner in the 4.4 upgrade
process to improve extension compatibility
* Avoid errors during `make initdb` when ExternalAuth is enabled (I#32009)

Web Administration
* Add EscapeURI and EscapeHTML functions for use in email
templates (I#31442)
* Add RT::Action::AddPriority action for use with rt-crontool which
simply increments the priority by $Argument every invocation

Server Administration
* Avoid DateTime::Locale version 1.01
* Have ./configure test whether to use GNU-style syntax or BSD-style
syntax for `find -perm`
* Several fixes around 4.0 and 4.2 upgrade scripts running under 4.4
* Fix migration of "SLA Disabled" for queues in the upgrade-sla
script (I#31703)
* Avoid overloading error caused by certain versions of Email::Address
on Preview Scrips Recipients (I#31712)
* Add explicit Pod::Select dependency since it was removed from Perl
5.18 (I#31873)
* Add documentation for the now-core ExternalAuth and LDAPImport options
in RT_Config (I#31464)
* Automatically enable ExternalAuth when the ExternalSettings config
option is declared, obviating the need for an explicit
`Set($ExternalAuth, 1);` (I#31689)
* Remove unnecessary dependencies on FCGI::ProcManager and
Net::LDAP::Server::Test (I#31872)
* Many cleanups in and improvements to our CPAN dependency install
toolchain

Developer
* Remove unused RT::Shredder::Record
* Add RT::Date->Strftime method (I#31435)
* If content_like (or similar) tests fail, output the page content
to a tmp file for debugging (I#31408)
* Make autocomplete infrastructure more generic and extensible
* Add missing %ARGS to ShowHistoryPage call in ShowHistory, improving
RTIR compatibility
* Fix missing CurrentUser parameter in RT::Interface::Email::Gateway
to improve RT::Extension::CommandByMail compatibility
* Fix Queue SLADisabled _CoreAccessible metadata to match schema's default
value of 1 (I#31822)
* Switch "hide unset fields" to be implemented with CSS for additional
flexibility
* Add CSS classes (for example `.admincc`) for many basic fields on
ticket display
* Allow setting SLA in RT::Queue->Create, which can be used in
initialdata files (I#31823)
* Improve ShowHistory compatibility with RTIR
* Add stubs for the fields that had been removed from queues in 4.4 to
improve compatibility with extensions and customizations (I#32019)
* Fix tests to enable ExternalAuth
* Added infrastructure for deprecating specific callbacks, as we
consider them to be part of our stable API
(RT::Interface::Web::Request %deprecated)
* Deprecated callbacks:
/Admin/CustomFields/Modify.html AfterUpdateCustomFieldValue
* New callbacks:
/Ticket/Update.html RightColumnBottom
/Admin/CustomFields/Modify.html EndOfPage
/Elements/CollectionAsTable/Row EachField
/Dashboards/Subscription.html SubscriptionFormEnd, SubscriptionFields,
and MassageSubscriptionFields
/Elements/SelectOwnerDropdown ModifyOwnerListRaw and ModifyOwnerListSorted
/Helpers/Autocomplete/Owners ModifyOwnerAutocompleteSearch
/Elements/ShowTransactionAttachments BeforeAttachment
* Improved callbacks:
/Admin/CustomFields/Modify.html Initial adds $Results
/Elements/MessageBox Default adds $DefaultRef and $MessageRef
* Adjust TicketHistoryPage to reuse existing callbacks for TicketHistory

Documentation
* Add documentation for 4.4's $ShowHistory scroll option in
RT_Config (I#31705)
* Fix UPGRADING-4.2's description of PostgreSQL full-text search using
GiST; it uses GIN indexes (I#31844)
* Link to RT::Authen::ExternalAuth as a local document like the rest
of RT's core modules, rather than as an external link to metacpan
like we do for extensions (I#31957)
* Update docs/authentication.pod to reflect RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
and RT::LDAPImport (previously RT::Extension::LDAPImport) becoming
part of core RT (I#31861)
* Fix broken link in SLA documentation
* Improve the upgrading documentation around migrating from
RT::Extension::SLA to core SLA
* Third-party source code packaging improvements (I#31900)
* Link to our new RT wiki at https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com

Internationalization
* Fix broken attachment upload UI for Catalan language (I#31864)
* Fix JS compile errors for translations with apostrophes (specifically
French) under infinite scroll (I#32090)
* Update translations for: Finnish, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian,
Russian, Turkish, and UK English.

A complete changelog is available from git by running:
git log rt-4.4.0..rt-4.4.1
or visiting
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/compare/rt-4.4.0...rt-4.4.1