Mailing List Archive

MARK frequency, too
Hi all

I'm refering to this mail:

http://www.mail-archive.com/rsyslog at lists.adiscon.com/msg00673.html

I'm having the same issue as described in the Mail above,
$MarkMessagePeriod gets completly ignored. I tried putting it at
various places in the config-file, with tabs or whitespaces etc.,
without any result. I'm using the package from debian etch (on
debian etch, of course).

Find below my configfile (with hostnames anonymized).
/etc/rsyslog.d is empty, so no further config should get included...
Also, options for rsyslogd are "-c3 -s <somedomains>".

Also, I was wondering: I have a selector *.* which directs anything
into a logfile - but not the mark-messages. Why is it that way?
And are there maybe other messages which are ignored by a *.* selector?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance, kind regards,

Pascal

----

# /etc/rsyslog.conf Configuration file for rsyslog v3.
#
# For more information see
# /usr/share/doc/rsyslog-doc/html/rsyslog_conf.html

#################
#### MODULES ####
#################

$ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging
$ModLoad imklog # provides kernel logging support (previously done by
rklogd)

$ModLoad immark # provides --MARK-- message capability
$MarkMessagePeriod 300

# provides UDP syslog reception
$ModLoad imudp
$UDPServerRun 514

# provides TCP syslog reception
#$ModLoad imtcp
#$InputTCPServerRun 514

###########################
#### GLOBAL DIRECTIVES ####
###########################

#
# Use default timestamp format.
# To enable high precision timestamps, comment out the following line.
#
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat

#
# Set the default permissions for all log files.
#
$FileOwner root
$FileGroup adm
$FileCreateMode 0640

#
# Include all config files in /etc/rsyslog.d/
#
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf

###############
#### RULES ####
###############

+hostA
*.* -/var/log/remote/hostA.log
& -/var/log/full
-hostA

+hostB
*.* -/var/log/remote/hostB.log
& -/var/log/full
-hostB

+hostC
*.* -/var/log/remote/hostC.log
& -/var/log/full
-hostC

#######################
#### LOCAL LOGGING ####
#######################

+localhostname

*.* -/var/log/full
#
# First some standard log files. Log by facility.
#
auth,authpriv.* /var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none -/var/log/syslog
#*.* -/var/log/syslog
#cron.* /var/log/cron.log
daemon.* -/var/log/daemon.log
kern.* -/var/log/kern.log
lpr.* -/var/log/lpr.log
mail.* -/var/log/mail.log
user.* -/var/log/user.log

#
# Logging for the mail system. Split it up so that
# it is easy to write scripts to parse these files.
#
mail.info -/var/log/mail.info
mail.warn -/var/log/mail.warn
mail.err /var/log/mail.err

#
# Logging for INN news system.
#
news.crit /var/log/news/news.crit
news.err /var/log/news/news.err
news.notice -/var/log/news/news.notice

#
# Some "catch-all" log files.
#
*.=debug;\
auth,authpriv.none;\
news.none;mail.none -/var/log/debug
*.=info;*.=notice;*.=warn;\
auth,authpriv.none;\
cron,daemon.none;\
mail,news.none -/var/log/messages

#
# Emergencies are sent to everybody logged in.
#
*.emerg *

#
# I like to have messages displayed on the console, but only on a virtual
# console I usually leave idle.
#
#daemon,mail.*;\
# news.=crit;news.=err;news.=notice;\
# *.=debug;*.=info;\
# *.=notice;*.=warn /dev/tty8

# The named pipe /dev/xconsole is for the `xconsole' utility. To use it,
# you must invoke `xconsole' with the `-file' option:
#
# $ xconsole -file /dev/xconsole [...]
#
# NOTE: adjust the list below, or you'll go crazy if you have a reasonably
# busy site..
#
#daemon.*;mail.*;\
# news.err;\
# *.=debug;*.=info;\
# *.=notice;*.=warn |/dev/xconsole
#
MARK frequency, too [ In reply to ]
Hi,

looks like I overlooked hte other post you mention. I'll have a look
into the issue, but need to finish some other things first. I'd
appreciate if you could file a bug report, so that it will not be
forgotten. You can do that at

http://bugzilla.adiscon.com

Thanks,
Rainer