Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 3.18.0 (v3-stable) released
Hi all,

we have just released rsyslog 3.18.0, a new v3-stable version. Rsyslog
3.18.0 begins a new v3-stable based on the previous 3.17.5 beta branch.
It includes all features and bug-fixes from the beta, among others the
ability to natively send email. There is one minor bugfix for 3.17.5
included, where RainerScript did not always properly detect syntax
errors. This is a recommended update for all v3-stable branch users.

Change Log:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article254.phtml

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-119.phtml

Please note that I also created a 3.16.3 branch, immediately outdated,
for those that prefer to keep the previous version for a couple of days.
That version contains an important bugfix which prevents a big memory
leak when running the queue in one of the disk modes. This patch is of
course also included in 3.18.0. Find 3.16.3 here:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-118.phtml

Just to make sure I am not misunderstood: 3.18.0 is the current
v3-stable. Other v3-stables are not officially supported (except, of
course, via a commercial support contract). 3.16.3 will not receive any
patches in the future. So I suggest moving over to 3.18.0. It has been
tested for over two month and looks quite ready for prime time.

I would also like to express my sincere thanks to all of you who
provided bug reports and patches. This is immensely helpful.

I hope the release is useful. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Rainer Gerhards
rsyslog 3.18.0 (v3-stable) released [ In reply to ]
HI all,

Michael Biebl just told me that some html files are missing in the
3.18.0 tarball. Please hold download, I am updating it right now...

Rainer

rsyslog 3.18.0 (v3-stable) released [ In reply to ]
...and now this issue is fixed. The new tarball is online. If in doubt
which one you loaded, please check the md5sum.

The issue was that some documentation files were not properly included
inside the tarball. The automatic checks did not detect that. The
problem seems to have lurked for quite a while. Many thanks to Michael
Biebl for pointing out the issue.

Rainer

rsyslog 3.18.0 (v3-stable) released [ In reply to ]
FYI, the links at the rsyslog status page are a bit funky:
http://www.rsyslog.com/doc-status.html

Beta 3.19.10's download link takes you to a page describing 3.17.3
beta with a download link for 3.19.10.

v3 stable 3.18.0's download link takes you to a page describing
3.19.10 beta with a download link for the same.

v2 stable 2.0.5's download link takes you to a page mostly describing
2.0.5 but with the rsyslog version misreported (and perhaps md5
checksum?).

-HKS

rsyslog 3.18.0 (v3-stable) released [ In reply to ]
Hi HKS,

Thanks, looks like I had a bad time with the links... Corrected now. I
have also checked 2.0.5, the version was incorrect (copy&paste error),
but the md5sum is correct.

Rainer