Mailing List Archive

rsyslog error message repository
Hi all,

starting with 3.19.8, rsyslog finally offers specific error codes as
part of the syslog tag. For example, rsyslogd-2040 means that a file
could not be found. I have added these tags both to facilitate log
parsing as well as easy troubleshooting.

But a tag is only as good as the information that it helps to find.
Consequently, I have started to describe error cases inside the
knowledge base's event repository:

http://kb.monitorware.com/kbeventdb-list-1-Adiscon-rsyslog.html

So far, there is only a limited set of messages available (to phrase it
politely ;)), but I plan to increase it over time. Note that there is an
interactive feature where questions to the message can directly be
posted to the forum. I hope this is useful.

If you run into an error message that is not-yet described, let us know
and we'll add an entry. In the long term, the new knowledge base part
should be able to solve most problems.

Feedback is appreciated,
Rainer