Mailing List Archive

freebsd
I am highly interested in sql logging and I'm glad to see that there is an active project supporting it. I am having trouble compiling this on a freebsd system. Do I need to enable linux binary compatibility? Are there rudimentary instructions for compiling on freebsd. If I could get it working, I would gladly write a doc on freebsd implementation.
freebsd [ In reply to ]
hi,

please let me know which issues you have on freebsd. I think I compiled
it successfully on freebsd, maybe I overlooked something.

Rainer

freebsd [ In reply to ]
Thanks for responding. I was trying to compile 083 on freebsd. Got 084 and it compiled fine. Doesn't seem to be logging to the mysql server though. Fresh freebsd5.4 install, mysql41-client, rsyslog-084. Do I disable syslogd? Any other required software? I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. Connect to mysql server just fine with mysql client.

/etc/rsyslog.conf
Commented all but:

*.* >mysql.carcass.us,syslog,syslog,syslog

I have no idea how to start it at boot. Not a bsd expert....yet.

postfix# find / -name "rsyslog*"
/usr/sbin/rsyslogd
/usr/share/man/cat5/rsyslog.conf.5.gz
/usr/share/man/cat8/rsyslogd.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/rsyslog.conf.5
/usr/share/man/man8/rsyslogd.8
/usr/home/dennisolvany/rsyslog-0.8.4.tar.tar
/usr/home/dennisolvany/rsyslog-0.8.4
/usr/home/dennisolvany/rsyslog-0.8.4/rsyslogd.8
/usr/home/dennisolvany/rsyslog-0.8.4/rsyslog.conf.5
/var/run/rsyslogd.pid
/etc/rsyslog.conf
postfix#

help much appreciated