disk problems are detected:

$ModLoad ommail
$ActionMailSMTPServer mail.example.net
$ActionMailFrom rsyslog at example.net
$ActionMailTo operator at example.net
$template mailSubject,"disk problem on %hostname%"
$template mailBody,"RSYSLOG Alert\r\nmsg='%msg%'"
$ActionMailSubject mailSubject
# make sure we receive a mail only once in six
# hours (21,600 seconds ;))
$ActionExecOnlyOnceEveryInterval 21600
# the if ... then ... mailBody mus be on one line!
if $msg contains 'hard disk fatal failure' then :ommail:;mailBody

Note that we now have the ability to limit an action to be executed only
once inside a specific period. In the above sample, the email alert
happens only if there was no other such alert within the past 6 hours -
this is absolutely vital to prevent an accidental DoS on your mailbox ;)
... but it may also be handy with other actions (e.g. SNMP trap
notification etc etc). It's implemented at the action engine level, so
it will work with any action, even file or database writes.

Change Log:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article207.phtml

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-95.phtml

I would be most interested in feedback on the new email feature,
including clever use cases. I am sure it can be quite useful (especially
if you think about imfile...), but would really appreciate to hear from
you (and prove this in practice)!

Thanks,
Rainer Gerhards